• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova or Discmania disc most similar to Proxy

I like the proxy. It's a good disc, but it's not that crazy or unique. It's a Putter in premium plastic that flies straight.. ok?

I like the proxy. It's a good disc, but it's not that crazy or unique. It's a Putter in premium plastic that flies straight.. ok?

Having tossed a boatload of putters the proxy is unique. Only a few come close and none hold the same line at low to high power like a proxy off the shelf IMO.

....the roc is just a beaded midrange right?

I don't know many putters that will fly 440' without turning or fading. I think the Proxy is unique, but I might be biased as its my favorite disc of all time.

I also don't know many neutral putters that I can reliably flick 250-325' on hyzers that don't flip up.

It's also really weird how well it does in wind.

There's plenty of discs that can fill the same slot, but none of them fly like exactly a Proxy. Even the Atom, which is very close and from the same manufacturer, isn't the same.

Similar to how there are plenty of mids that can fill the same slot as a Comet, but how many of them replicate the flight of the Comet 100%?

I don't know many putters that will fly 440' without turning or fading. I think the Proxy is unique, but I might be biased as its my favorite disc of all time.

I think your right, on both accords. You don't know, because you are. But, that's ok

It's also really weird how well it does in wind.

There's plenty of discs that can fill the same slot, but none of them fly like exactly a Proxy.

I've always been baffled by that as well. It's crazy how good the Proxy holds up into the wind for such a straight flying putter. I've never thrown any disc like it, even a mid or driver. Crazy how neutral it is, yet isn't effected by headwinds. The disc just flies straight, no matter the conditions.

The Roach would be my choice of I had to replace my Proxy. My wife bags a Roach and while it feels a little deeper and is a little flippier, I can use her Roach when we play together and I carry my small bag that doesn't have a Proxy.

Well yeah, but I said flat in premium plastic.

Those flat Star XD's go for a lot of money.

Star XD runs $16.99 all day, every day, in the Factory Store. But, yeah, the extra buck is probably a lot of money if you're dumpster diving for empties to return for the deposit. :rolleyes:

Star XD runs $16.99 all day, every day, in the Factory Store. But, yeah, the extra buck is probably a lot of money if you're dumpster diving for empties to return for the deposit. :rolleyes:

Flat Star XD's, bro.

Not the cereal bowls they currently sell.

The Whale. Very underrated disc. Almost no high speed turn and no fade. I personally prefer Gstar for driving.

I hadn't payed much attention to the Whale after buying a one in DX for the wife to try. It's closer to a beat in Envy than a Proxy (just a little more fade...) but still could be a serviceable replacement. I hadn't noticed they'd molded it in anything other than DX.

Flat Star XD's, bro.

Not the cereal bowls they currently sell.

Use the boiling water and ice treatment. I did it to one of those star xds from the factory store and it worked well. Didn't like the disc anyway, but it still worked to flatten it

If you are looking for a disc like the proxy, just get the Proxy. The closest I have SEEN is the pure. I watched my friend throw a beautiful slight turnover shot on a hole with his pure ending up 10 feet from the hole(distance 280 I think). I stepped up to the tee with my proxy and threw the EXACT SAME SHOT and one upped him landing 5 feet from the basket. I have heard the Streamline Pilot is a real straight flier not tried it though. As for the spike comparisons my friend had one and would throw beautiful hyzerflips with it and I can throw that shot with my more beat Proxy.

There are several discs that can do things Very similarly to the proxy.

But...

In my extensive use, the proxy does them with ease and confidence.

Say my target is a 25' circle around the basket from 270' out. With the pure, pa1, colt, buzzz ss, if I mess up the height, nose angle, hyzer angle etc by say 10%, the disc won't hit the target. If I throw the proxy, I feel the amount of error can go to 20% before the disc misses the target. The allowable error difference from perfect execution is even greater on turning anny shots. The proxy does them so much better than the rest.

I have heard the Streamline Pilot is a real straight flier not tried it though.

As an MVP/Axiom homer, I've been looking for an understable putter to compliment my Envy (favorite disc of all time), but the Atom and Anode just don't do it . The Proxy is a great companion, but because it is so straight (i.e. won't really turn) and because I can't flick worth a damn, I need something that will turn and drop. I think a beat-in Pilot is going to be that disc. A baseline Proxy would be ideal, but pigs may fly before they start making Axiom in Electron plastic (someone in-the-know please tell me I'm wrong). Anyways, this doesn't answer your question, but just wanted to pop on to give some love to the Pilot. Out of the box, looks and feels exactly like a Proxy and flies pretty close too. Will keep you updated as it starts to beat in.

If you don't mind the deeper rim, the Spin has the flight you're looking for. I can understand wanting something closer in feel to the Envy / Proxy though, the Pilot has that advantage.

Electron Atoms don't take long to beat in to that slot either. Before the Proxy came out I rolled with a fresh Envy, seasoned Envy, and beat Atom.

A baseline plastic Proxy would be awesome! The Proxy I've been bagging for 2 years now still flies dead straight out to 300', with pretty much no turn. Having a beat up baseline would be sweet for hyzer flips etc.

Heavier Polecat or Omega Big Bead.

Both better then the Proxy.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk