• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Overstable Drivers

Which overstable Innova driver do you prefer for big hyzers (350' & up) and headwinds?

• Star TeeRex-x

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Champion TeeRex-x

• Star TeeRex

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Star XCaliber

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Champion XCaliber

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Star Max

• Champion Max

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Firebird

Votes: 18 37.5%
  • Monster

• Whippet

• Total voters
1.2 SOLF. I know it's not Innova, but it's made by them!

If forced to pick an Innova model, I'd go with Star Starfire, or Champ FB.

None of the above. I'd use a EagleX, Champ/Star TB, Avenger, Predator or something along those lines. I guess the TeeRex is the closest choice you listed.

I personally don't use very overstable discs for big hyzers as they just want to down to the ground on those shots. Instead I like using my light (166-169) Star Wraiths for those. You can get a big right-to-left arch with them. And for what comes to headwinds, if I need over 350' of distance I'll use my Champion Destroyers. They're mostly beefy enough to handle it and go the distance.

Spinach D said:
I like the star xcal very much for the shots in question. Never tried the force though, and that seems to be the main competition.

I use the star max for less d or bigger winds.

QFT. Xcal is great for big hyzers and moderate headwinds. If the wind is absolutely raging, or if i'm throwing a spike hyzer and don't want any glide, i'll throw the Max instead.