• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova's counterpart to Discraft's 150 Z Flick

dgdave said:
There's not one.

QFT. Nothing Innova has is even close. The 150g Gateway Spirits and Speed Demons are closer than anything Innova has, but not quite as long off the box. Still the closest thing I can think of that's in production.

I'm pretty sure the S Spirits and Speed Demons aren't in production anymore.

A 150 DX Xcaliber might be close, but I've never tossed one.

That's one disc innova hasn't matched yet. The 150 flick is easily the most overstable light disc I've ever thrown. Even at 150g that thing won't fly flat for very long. So, if the boss and groove are speed 13, what does that make the flick? That thing's like throwing a saw blade.

I have a couple Millennium Tachyon LF 4.1's which are crazy overstable 150g discs. Not the fastest things in the world (they're based on the Viper I believe) but pretty overstable.

twmccoy said:
That's one disc innova hasn't matched yet. The 150 flick is easily the most overstable light disc I've ever thrown. Even at 150g that thing won't fly flat for very long. So, if the boss and groove are speed 13, what does that make the flick? That thing's like throwing a saw blade.

I dunno. Discraft only calls it an "extra long range driver" Discgolfcenter only lists it as speed 9. I can't find Joe's flight chart right now.

It looks like it has the same bottom as a flash, maybe, but it's not as deep. Does rim depth have anything to do with the top, or is it all the bottom?

its a modified Crush. Its basically a low profile Crush. On the 1st runs, you can see 1/2 of the word Crush in the inner rim

dgdave said:
its a modified Crush. Its basically a low profile Crush. On the 1st runs, you can see 1/2 of the word Crush in the inner rim
the force wing looks alot like a Flick with some extra width tacked on the inside, no 150 force though

The Flick always felt unique in my hands, most all of Innova's overstable plastic is blunt nosed in comparison.

dgdave said:

On all the flicks I have you can see the half of "crush." It's half way in between the usa and flick on the inside rim.

I've got a white 150 DX TeeRex that's rigid as hell and is an absolute meathook. I've hit some trees with it and it's still stiff and very overstable. It basically has no glide though. It's just a projectile. It goes fast to the ground, but I can get it out far before it looks to the ground. I don't have the biggest arm in the world, but I've lent it out to some people in my club with bigger arms and those who love uber-overstable plastic, and they say that it's a meathook too.

But this could be the particular disc, not the 150 dx teerex in general.

but otherwise, i dont' know any real overstable/trick disc that compares with the 150 z flick. Once broken in, those 150 z flicks start acting like my max weight stable-to-overstable drivers, but it doesn't stay in the air as long at the end of the flight, but is easier to manipulate the first half of its flight in comparison to my max weight drivers.

Yeah, the flick may have the least glide of any disc I've ever thrown. Even the monster has glide compared to the flick.

man, are you guys sure you were throwing 150 class Z flicks?

Those things may get some fade, but MAN are they flippy, especially once you beat them in.

I switched up to 150 ESP Flicks because they're more stable and can take WAY more of a crush than the Z ones...

Either way, I don't get what you guys are saying about no glide...Even the Z ones bomb in 150 class. I had no trouble reaching 380 or more with the Z ones, and the ESP one is one of only a couple discs I've put out past 400..If there's no glide, I think you're just not throwing it fast enough. It's a pretty serious chunk of speed up above a Surge or Wraith...

I actually don't use mine alot anymore (since the Doss surges came out), other than for skip shots or trick flips that I want to fade around something - which happens a fair bit when we're playing safari...In normal play though it only ever gets used for short, low skips...

At any rate...yeah...unless the 150 Boss or XCal can be flipped pretty easily and still fade back, Innova's got nothing to compare directly with the 150 flick...

HSS of a Rogue, LSS somewhere between an avenger and a tsunami...

I always look at these two Flicks the club has for sale every sunday during the mini. A 150 Z and 173 z first run. Would the light disc still fly far for thumbers?

SkaBob said:
man, are you guys sure you were throwing 150 class Z flicks?

Those things may get some fade, but MAN are they flippy, especially once you beat them in.

I switched up to 150 ESP Flicks because they're more stable and can take WAY more of a crush than the Z ones...

Either way, I don't get what you guys are saying about no glide...Even the Z ones bomb in 150 class. I had no trouble reaching 380 or more with the Z ones, and the ESP one is one of only a couple discs I've put out past 400..If there's no glide, I think you're just not throwing it fast enough. It's a pretty serious chunk of speed up above a Surge or Wraith...

I actually don't use mine alot anymore (since the Doss surges came out), other than for skip shots or trick flips that I want to fade around something - which happens a fair bit when we're playing safari...In normal play though it only ever gets used for short, low skips...

At any rate...yeah...unless the 150 Boss or XCal can be flipped pretty easily and still fade back, Innova's got nothing to compare directly with the 150 flick...

HSS of a Rogue, LSS somewhere between an avenger and a tsunami...

I agree with this. These things bomb in the right hands. Back about a two years ago a guy around here was using them as his main distance driver and could get them out to at least 450 or so.

To be fair the guy has some freak power and could throw challengers 320~ and had the biggest arm I had ever seen in person.

zflickmotivatorfk8.jpg

:mrgreen:

sleepy

Latest posts