• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innovas zone?

Eemeli137

Par Member
Is there anything like zone in Innovas lineup or do they actually have a spot that you cant fill with them. So does innova make anything like zone.

I don't have much experience with the Zone, but I'd say the Gator is very similar flight pattern. It's probably just a little longer than the Zone.

The pig is probably closest, but it doesn't skip nearly as much. And it only comes in lame plastic, unfortunately.

I always thought the Zone was more mid like while the Gator was more putter like as far as them both being sort of tweener mids/putters. I stopped using the Zone when I got a Gator because the Gator felt and flew more putter like to my eyes.

Hoping the Suspect will take over that spot now.

The Pig is kind of like the Zone, and probably as close as you get in Innova's line-up. But the two are really nothing alike. The pig has a much deeper profile and more blunt nose than the Zone, giving it a very different feel in the hand.

This is one of the reasons the Zone is so revered, no other manufacturer has been able to really match it.

I agree the Pig is very close. But if you like the Zone, no need to switch to Innova. The Zone is by far my favorite disc of all time and by far the most reliable in my bag.

Is there anything like zone in Innovas lineup or do they actually have a spot that you cant fill with them. So does innova make anything like zone.

NO!
PIG and Gator are NOT anything like a zone.

They dont really have anything directly comparable in terms of feelig,and flying the same.

Some other 'sorta like a zone' discs are beadless gators, and again, only kind of.

I would agree the pig is closer. Small diameter, and beefy os. But is not as low profile.

I think Pig and Gator are closest in FLIGHT PATTERN but not in FEEL

They do fly somewhat similar, and I think the Gator has actually been around the longest of the three. But, as others have said, Zone is one of those unique discs that other companies have tried to copy or at least make something similar and it just doesn't work. Kinda like a Teebird.

IMO the closest thing on the market to a Zone right now is a Jokeri. I very, very rarely putt with it, but off the tee, shorter mid range shots and short forehands, I reach for the Jokeri. But switching from the Zone to the Jokeri doesn't make a ton of sense because: A) they feel pretty different in the hand and B) Discraft products can be found just about anywheres, whereas you have to hunt for Prodiscus

I find te jokeri to be a very similar feel. In flight though, its more like a slightly worn rhyno. Not nearly as harsh of a fade and a decent amount longer because of it.

Basically there is no zone clone from any other company really. Id say the closest thing anywhere is a Sinus.

I always thought the Zone was more mid like while the Gator was more putter like as far as them both being sort of tweener mids/putters. I stopped using the Zone when I got a Gator because the Gator felt and flew more putter like to my eyes.

Hoping the Suspect will take over that spot now.
the suspect isnt that overstable. I was hoping the smae thing but it has too much turn
beadless gator
the gator L is more understable than a regular gator and flies more like a new roc. plus it is OOP

Sinus is pretty close. Little more glide though. I wish they made a premium plastic Sinus.

Sinus is pretty close. Little more glide though. I wish they made a premium plastic Sinus.

None of the Sini I have are as overstable as my Zones. If they had a run of premium plastic Sini, it might add some beef. I would love to find out...if only they'd be able to make them.

I find te jokeri to be a very similar feel. In flight though, its more like a slightly worn rhyno. Not nearly as harsh of a fade and a decent amount longer because of it.

Basically there is no zone clone from any other company really. Id say the closest thing anywhere is a Sinus.

I've never thrown a Zone, but surely it couldn't compare to the awesome manliness that is the Premium JOKERi.

I trust no other putter off the tee.

Latest posts