• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Instep Disc Golf Basket - Chain Modification?

TheDGEmcee

I bought an Instep / Pacific Outdoors disc golf basket and from all the instructions and different modifications to the basket, I find that the look of the basket doesn't seem right. The 2/0 Chain Links I bought are 20 links a piece being 2'. When I attach these to either ring 3" or 7" it seems they hang below the factory chains and it just looks odd. Anyone have any suggestions? Adding S hooks even made them longer and it just looks unusual in my opinion. The inner chains are almost 'straight' compared to the outer chains and I just wanted someones opinion on this before I make the mod permanent, or if it is really even needed at all?

Please advise.
Thanks.

Go figure, following directions that had no images I am wondering if I bought the wrong style of 2/0 Chain. They just said 2/0 Chain and so I bought the straight 2/0 and I see there is 2/0 Proof Coil chains, whats the difference and did I get the wrong chains? Ugh..

Anyone know what kind of 2/0 chain was to be used with this modification? I see from this website that there are coil welded chains (which looks like what I bought) Machine Welded chains, and then Passing Link Welded chains. All have different dimensions for each chain type. Man I highly doubt they will take back these chains that I had them cut to specific lengths.

okay use your s hooks up top, and put it on the 3rd- 4th etc chain link until the length seems right, cut the chains to that length if you want to to be clean.

okay use your s hooks up top, and put it on the 3rd- 4th etc chain link until the length seems right, cut the chains to that length if you want to to be clean.

Ok, so the inner chains will not be linking to a ring below the outer chains? That was my main concern the inner chains sitting inside the outer chains / below the outer chains. I think I will try that out and see how it looks, the inner chains should be linked higher than the outer chains right?

If you go by Mach III specs (six inner chains straight down close to the pole), the inner chains are longer than the outer. There is no hard and fast rule on how to add the chains.

When I had my instep, I pulled the chains in tighter and made it more bullseye like. Caught much better that way and didn't need to buy more chains.