• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is my bag a lost cause?

For your straight shots, the DX Teebird will work very well. I've also recently tried out 2 discs that would work even better that you might want to look into:

Gateway Assassin
Gateway Sabre

Both of these fly incredibly straight, with very slight fades at the end. I personally use a DX teebird, but have had trouble with turning it over recently. I think these 2 potentially could solve that problem.

i tries sabers... I have 2 s 1 h 2 e and 1 efx... the efx is my favorite, but its not any longer than my roc and needs a ton of height to go anywhere. Im sorry but this disc is not going to make the cut. I will try the assassin next time i run across one.

arowan21 said:
The reason for the mrv is simple. If i have a shot that has a really low ceiling and I can't toss a wizard, I use the mrv.

The MRV was the only disc I wondered about when I read your bag setup, but that's a good reason for it. MRVs are shorter than Rocs, so they're easier to make do this than a Roc.

As for your straight disc, I'm not sure what kind of distance you're getting but if you're driving past 300-320 you might want to check out an ESP XL. The X XL is a little too flippy for them and the Z XL wants more height (because you have to flip them up), but man...I put an ESP XL into my bag a few weeks back for this type of shot and was just really, REALLY impressed.

cachow6 said:
For your straight shots, the DX Teebird will work very well. I've also recently tried out 2 discs that would work even better that you might want to look into:

Gateway Assassin
Gateway Sabre

Both of these fly incredibly straight, with very slight fades at the end. I personally use a DX teebird, but have had trouble with turning it over recently. I think these 2 potentially could solve that problem.

at 169 E Assassin is flippy in no winds. On PDGA board people said that in this mold a couple of extra grams make a big impact. I bought this disc when my ankle was busted and I couldn't do an x step and had to throw from stand still. It still needed initial hyzer to flip to flat. Quite a bit actually.

Ive really changed it around. well 4 discs, but it seems bigger to me. I dropped the mrv and the teerex. added a teebird and a squall. I also added a couple of other discs to fill space in my bag but in 3 weeks I haven't thrown them and I don't count them. Also had to take out the Jag... it was too flippy to even throw a roller and didn't fit in my bag.

Drivers
ESP Predator
Z Crush
2 Champ Teebird
2 Champ Valk - beat and newish

Midrange
Squall - replaced my mrv, fills 2 gaps (Longer than a roc, shorter than a teebird. Understable approach disc)
177+ Squall - replaced about 75% of my roc tosses.
Roc - DX, 11x and 12x (the 11x was getting squirmy on me, glow was not cutting it)
Demon - G6i and a "g5i" overstable approach and drives to about 275 feet

Putter
3 Medium Wizard one beat for anny putts and one new for hyser putts. one backup.
Classic Roc - for putting on off days. a few tosses and my wizard is back on. Think like a medicus

After playing in 2 tourneys and 3 mini's, I almost think I need to add destroyer/wraith/Surge SS for distance driving. I might borrow a buddies disc tomorrow and get a feel for one or the other.

edit: adjusted for changes. still thinking about adding a Roadrunner, Sidewinder or OLS

After a few rounds I don't really care for the lip on the predator. I'm thinking about changing it for a flick, I really like the crush (a lot) and think having a similar disc for the overstable would be a good addition.

I may do just the opposite. The first flick I got was a trade and it already had some wear and tear. The thing was still so incredibly overstable. Flicks, skips, forehand rollers, thumbers etc. It's great for getting out of trouble and as a specialty disc. I liked it so much I bought a new one (also elite Z) and it's just not the same. It's stable but not like the other one in the same weight with the same plastic. If predators are more consistent, I may have to make the switch. I've heard from others that the flick is not all that consistent.