• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is there any overlap?

RMarcela

Here is my 2016 bag. I am afraid there is some overlap so any feedback or suggestions are more then welcome. If you see a disc that has some overlap feel free to make a suggestion on what I could replace it with. I don't have any preference of brand. I throw right hand backhand most of the time, max D is around 425.

2 DD Wardens - inside the circle putts
2 Innova Darts - outside the circle putts and approaches
1 Champ mako 3 - straight to under stable midrange
4 Roc/3 - straight to overstable midrange
2 Pro Leopard - straight to understable fairway
1 DD Escape - long "s" curves and versatile fairway
1 Discraft Stalker - straight fairway
2 Champ Firebirds - thumbers, spike hyzers, and side arms
1 VIP Boatman - distance sidearm
2 Star Terns - long turnovers and rollers
3 Star Destroyers - distance drive backhand and sidearm

If you have any suggestions, questions, etc. please feel free to comment. I would really like some fairway advice, i feel like this is the most awkward part of my bag so if any improvements can be made let me know what you think.

Solid bag.

Maybe a River as a control driver would be my only suggestion.

I second this. My new River Opto Line is amazing; straight with slight fade at end and glides forever. If you throw it hard enough, it will hold an anhyzer line really well. Cool stamp and plastic. My favorite disc.

^^^a River is not a control driver, and it overlaps with the leopards and the stalker. He is trying to eliminate overlap, not add on.

Why a stalker and Leo's?

Are you using the escape as you're moderately overstable fairway driver? If so, I would recommend you get a couple indifferent plastics/weights, just to make it a little more versitale.

^^^a River is not a control driver, and it overlaps with the leopards and the stalker. He is trying to eliminate overlap, not add on.

Why a stalker and Leo's?

Are you using the escape as you're moderately overstable fairway driver? If so, I would recommend you get a couple indifferent plastics/weights, just to make it a little more versitale.

Infinite Discs has it listed as a control driver. I rely on their comparison matrix a lot when shopping new discs. Regardless of what you call it, the speed + glide makes it pretty handy off the tee. As it's speed and glide are higher, I guess I don't see it as overlap with the Leopard. Plus, I've thrown both, with the River consistently outdistancing the Leopard. I've never thrown a Stalker but it is listed as a control driver on Disccraft's website, so I will take your word for it that they overlap. I try to not have overlap in my bag either, so my apologies if I tendered poor advice.

Overlap, once you are already willing to be carrying the number you are carrying, is NOT a bad thing. Different ways to get to the same place open more lines. Plus you dont have to worry how you finish out a weekend trip if you lose a particular disc.
If you are carrying 8 discs, definitely try to cover more area by minimizing overlap, but once you're at 15 discs, overlap is a positive thing.

That being said, 4 Roc3s and a Mako is a lot of mids. And I love mids.

I throw the leopard and the stalker because, although they are similar, the leopard has more turn for me so I can shape lines and manipulate the disc better then the stalker. The stalker is just a straight flyer. As long as I put it on a good line it holds the entire time. I almost exclusively use it for really straight tunnel shots.

Don't see overlap but I'd get a more stable fairway such as a Teebird or Eagle unless you are powering down a beat Firebird maybe. I have a Z Stalker and it's quite domey but straight flyer as you said. I haven't thrown it in a good headwind but I'd rather have a Teebird for that occasion for sure. You'll get a little more distance with a Teebird as well

Latest posts