• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Just got my PDGA disc.. stratus

_.-Dut-._

Double Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
Wierd disc. I dont know if the ESP is always this floppy or if its a FLX but it doesnt say FLX. Regardless threw it a couple times outside. I like it, it seems to have a unreal amount of glide. It is real understable, without even throwing it hard you can hyzer flip it and when thrown flat it just glides off to the right nice and flat.

I dont really have any use for it as anything I would use this for I would probably just use a sidearm pred. Not to mention that I dont think its going to roll being that floppy, and its probably to understable to hit many hard anhyzer lines without overturning it.

Ever had a disc that you want to carry in the bag and use but have no logical excuse for doing so?

I joined in late February and still have not received a thing.
I emailed Addie and she said, "oh, give it a couple more weeks..."

Same thing for me. She said the same and I still got nothing. Email her again and complain. I did this and had my package in two days. Keep on them they obviously screwed something up this yr.

I joined in January and didn't get anything by march so i emailed them and got the players package stuff in a couple of weeks. the woman told me that they had changed staff and other things so they were behind. if you havent gotten your stuff then call or email.

If you don't like that disc, I will gladly take it off your hands. Lets make a deal. :D

Geez what is up with the PDGA slacking on the new membership packages? I don't get it. I signed up on March 27th, and nothing yet...

ccs1676 said:
Geez what is up with the PDGA slacking on the new membership packages? I don't get it. I signed up on March 27th, and nothing yet...
They switched Executive Directors AND Membership Directors last spring after the renewal rush was over, so it is the first renewal cycle these folks have been through. There are not very many people in that office, maybe three? So once renewals started piling up, there wasn't a lot of experience in the office on how to dig out.

I figure next year will go smoother.

adamschneider said:
Stratuses (Strati?) are awesome. Does this mean they're going to start making ESP versions widely available?

I doubt it. Judging by their MO recently they are going to keep the ESP Stratus as a PDGA run only. MAYBE they will do a tourney stamp but no regular production run.

I love Discraft- most of my "permanent" bag is/was Discraft. The way they are mimicking Innova to garner interest doesn't jive with me. Just make the discs in the plastic we want; leave the collector's market to Roc-heads.

FLX Drone- make it regular production!
ESP Comet- make it regular production!
ESP Extreme- make it regular production!
cryZtal discs- make it regular production!
Z FLX- make it regular production!
Come on guys.

marmoset said:
adamschneider said:

I love Discraft- most of my "permanent" bag is/was Discraft. The way they are mimicking Innova to garner interest doesn't jive with me. Just make the discs in the plastic we want; leave the collector's market to Roc-heads.

Come on guys.

A Z FLX?

What disc was that?
And I agree... make mine a regular!

marmoset said:
adamschneider said:
Stratuses (Strati?) are awesome. Does this mean they're going to start making ESP versions widely available?

I doubt it. Judging by their MO recently they are going to keep the ESP Stratus as a PDGA run only. MAYBE they will do a tourney stamp but no regular production run.

Come on guys.
I don't really mind CFR discs. If the manufacturers want to try to prop us the PDGA tournament scene, more power to them. At the heart of it, that is all the CFR program is trying to do. That some folks get a hold of desirable CFR discs and jack the price is really just an unintended consequence of something that supposed to HELP the sport.

I've got more problem with a disc like the ESP Comet stamped as an LE and sold for more money. That seems more like a scam, just two letters to make me pay more money for that disc. I'm not sure if it is Discraft or the disc sellers who are profiting from that scam, but somebody is making some extra $$$ off of those letters. There is no altruistic motive behind why those letters are there, they are there to make you reach into your wallet...plain and simple.

I couldn't agree more, Stiff.
I really like DiscGolfCenter's website and I usually order from them.
But...
on any Limited Edition (Comet, Drone, Etc.), OOP, or Discontinued discs they jack the prices up. An ESP LE Comet used to be $15 on their site. Now they've bumped the price up to $20. It's less limited now that a second run came out. Why the price jack?
When this second run wears thin I'll bet they release another run of "Limited Edition" Comets. Just like they did a month ago.
This drives me nuts.

So what does a stratus fly like? By the numbers, it seems like a stringray, maybe not as much turn though.

It flies alot like a Sidewinder just in midrange form. From what I have heard prob like a stingray I dont have much experience with them. Its got glide like noones buisness and would seem to be pretty long range for a mid.

Latest posts