• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Just got my PDGA disc.. stratus

My X Stratus flies almost exactly like my beat X Comet. Understable at high speed, and will either hold an anhyzer all the way, or fade out a little depending on height and angle. The Stratus goes just a little further on some lines, and somehow feels "heavier" in my hand although they're the same weight. Overall very similar though, at least at my power level (300 feet w/driver). I recently took the Stratus out of my bag when I realized how much they overlapped, but I'd be happy with either one. I find both more predictable than a Stingray. I should also add that I threw someone else's black PDGA Stratus the other day and it was much floppier than my orange X one, and it flew more understable.

If you believe everything you hear, Discraft really liked the Stingray because they copied it twice.

The first time I heard about a "Discraft Stingray" was when the Eclipse came out. Of course both discs were max D drivers at the time. That tells you how long ago that was. Anyway, the discs were very similar.

For some reason, the Eclipse was never converted to Tournament plastic. Maybe it was a marketing decision, maybe it would not mold up in the different plastic So about eight years after the Eclipse came out, Discraft released the Stratus. The Stratus was molded in Tournament plastic and was supposedly (again) a copy of the Stingray.

I don't claim to know what Discraft was trying to do with the release of the Eclipse or the Stratus. All I know is that if you have a Stingray, Eclipse and Stratus in your bag, you have a LOT of overlap!

Just got my package the other day, and got the black stratus. That is the floppiest disc I have ever held, and it says it is a distance driver? Feels more like a mid range.

marmoset said:
adamschneider said:
Stratuses (Strati?) are awesome. Does this mean they're going to start making ESP versions widely available?

I doubt it. Judging by their MO recently they are going to keep the ESP Stratus as a PDGA run only. MAYBE they will do a tourney stamp but no regular production run.

I love Discraft- most of my "permanent" bag is/was Discraft. The way they are mimicking Innova to garner interest doesn't jive with me. Just make the discs in the plastic we want; leave the collector's market to Roc-heads.

FLX Drone- make it regular production!- Better yet just make it in ESP
ESP Comet- make it regular production! Ok that would be nice
ESP Extreme- make it regular production! Just making it again would be nice.
cryZtal discs- make it regular production! I don't care but I think they are nice as fundraisers
Z FLX- make it regular production! Yeah I hope everyone uses these so I can kick their butts with my normal stuff.
Come on guys.

Oh and also make the ESP Venom.............at least for the team,

ccs1676 said:
Just got my package the other day, and got the black stratus. That is the floppiest disc I have ever held, and it says it is a distance driver? Feels more like a mid range.
It IS basically a mid-range. Don't pay attention to Discraft's categories.

Latest posts