• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Kalamazoo, MI - Air Zoo - Hole 18 Moved

M00NBEAST

Not sure how many people on here play at the Air Zoo, but the tee has been moved to the other side of the tree line, and the basket was moved closer into the tree line. Instead of curving left off the tee, you now hook right, going into the trees to get to the basket.

Anyone from the area have any idea why they did this?

Being on the other side of the tree line, there are these ponds that now present the danger of losing discs to water hazards.

Hm... I wonder what for. I guess we'll find out.

I hope they decide to put something up to help prevent losing discs in those water traps.

I'm guessing the model airplane circle is going to be used soon?

You are correct. The Air zoo was going to pull the hole like they did last year only they didnt plan on puting it back. So broberg ask if instead he could move the holw behind the treeline.. He also said the air zoo has gone "hands off" on the course meaning aside from mowing and occationally emptying the trashcans, maintinence of the course is up to the DG community.

Why are u mad about a water hazard? The course looks short and easy already. Nothing wrong with adding challenge. Especially to the last hole when u already warmed up. Make or break your round. Sounds like good design change.

Yeah, I recently spoke to the guy who put the course together and maintains it.
I guess people were intentionally throwing their discs at people with their remote planes and the AZ people were actually going to pull the entire course.

He had to set up some barricades recently, because people were still playing it from the original tee location.

Why are u mad about a water hazard? The course looks short and easy already. Nothing wrong with adding challenge. Especially to the last hole when u already warmed up. Make or break your round. Sounds like good design change.

I'm not MAD about it, just not thrilled with it because I don't like the possibility of permanently losing a disc. Lost one to it the other day. Sucks, because I had just bought it.

I'd rather deal with the the hazard than have them pull the entire course, though. I can deal with it being there, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. :p

When I was a young man and still fairly new to Disc Golf, I moved to Lansing and had to deal with hole #6 at Grand Woods Park. It was a Disc Golf equivalent of Pebble Beach #18...

>>and the AZ people were actually going to pull the entire course.<<

That would be sad. Yes, it's not a championship caliber course, but it's fun and convenient for me when I only have time for a quick round of 18; it even plays fast when crowded.

One of the things I hate about this sport is the frequency at which idiots can dirty-up courses and our image, even if it's not those of us who truly care about the game. This is why I'd welcome a pay-to-play phase of the growth of our game with expensive (relative to now) greens fees.

>>I played Air Zoo once and it was after playing Cold Brook with you<<

...and thank you for mentioning this website to me that day! Also Fallasburg Park, one of my favorites in the state...

Latest posts