• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Kastaplast Göte

The Gote, IMO, is a superior disc. Great for wooded holes, ridiculous plastic & a phenomenal hand feel.

Anyone that is looking for that "worked in" flight out of mid, the Gote provides it out of the box.

So, it is not a replacement for the Comet, correct?
On the demo videos, the Gote looked to have more high speed turn and more low speed fade. It looked like a Buzzz but with a lot more glide.

How close am I on this?

So, it is not a replacement for the Comet, correct?
On the demo videos, the Gote looked to have more high speed turn and more low speed fade. It looked like a Buzzz but with a lot more glide.

How close am I on this?

I think the Gote has more HSS and LSS than a Comet.

I think the Gote has more HSS and LSS than a Comet.

Since HSS/LSS/turn/fade gets used so.....loosely from person to person, just want to clarify your opinion.

Gote has more HSS (less inclination to turn than a Comet) and more LSS (more likely/stronger fade than a Comet). Accurate?

Just want to clarify since hyzerberg said more turn (you disagree) and more fade (like you said) for the Gote over the Comet.

Since HSS/LSS/turn/fade gets used so.....loosely from person to person, just want to clarify your opinion.

Gote has more HSS (less inclination to turn than a Comet) and more LSS (more likely/stronger fade than a Comet). Accurate?

Just want to clarify since hyzerberg said more turn (you disagree) and more fade (like you said) for the Gote over the Comet.

Check my post. Less turn / more fade. AKA more HSS and LSS.

Cass and I are saying the same thing.

Check my post. Less turn / more fade. AKA more HSS and LSS.

Cass and I are saying the same thing.

Bingo.

It's a more OS Comet but less OS Roc.

Aka....

A beautiful & versatile mold.

I really can't wait to really get to know the ins and outs of this disc. I've always tinkered with Comets but my form isn't clean enough for it to be a true workhorse companion to my Rocs/Gilas.

Bingo.

It's a more OS Comet but less OS Roc.

Aka....

A beautiful & versatile mold.

I really can't wait to really get to know the ins and outs of this disc. I've always tinkered with Comets but my form isn't clean enough for it to be a true workhorse companion to my Rocs/Gilas.

Threw one a couple of times yesterday and would agree the flight is like a slightly more stable Comet. Felt similar to a Comet but a little better in hand to me also since it doesn't have a bead.

Think I gotta get one now.

Threw one a couple of times yesterday and would agree the flight is like a slightly more stable Comet. Felt similar to a Comet but a little better in hand to me also since it doesn't have a bead.

Think I gotta get one now.

No way... My local pro shop had 5 first runs standing in the store as it opened yesterday, run back and buy them all? :D

No way... My local pro shop had 5 first runs standing in the store as it opened yesterday, run back and buy them all? :D

Kinda hard to resist that first run aqua K1 plastic. Yes, since it's your $100, buy them all!

Didn't get to throw mine yet but feels like a Conet Shark love child. Excited to get out tomorrow with it!

I am still loving mine. I have no doubt it will replace my comet as I beat one in. I am aware how long that takes with K1, especially a slower mold. My green/white stamp production run has an ever so slightly lower sholder but same parting line as my first runs. I need more work with it, but it seems just a hair touchier. I am really grasping straws though, they really are about the same.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

neon lime göte with more dome than first run is pretty damn stable. flexes out of anhyzer release but crazy glidy fade around 300 ft. it got no turn at all.

How would you compare the Gote to the Cobra as far as short shots, laying up, hyzer/anny?

I like the Cobra and 16 bucks is a lot to replace it.

How would you compare the Gote to the Cobra as far as short shots, laying up, hyzer/anny?

I like the Cobra and 16 bucks is a lot to replace it.

Fairly similar, Cobra has both more HST and fade. Cobra also has less glide which I prefer for approaches, more wind resistance and less chance for blow bys. Not to mention it's a vastly superior roller after a bunch of testing. How short of distances are you talking? Probably won't really notice much difference for hyzers and annys will by slightly easier for the Cobra. More dependable fade for gentle flexes and landings.

I gave my Gote to a buddy after a decent amount of testing, I also compared it to the Comet. YMMV but a Comet and Cobra are both in my bag.

Oddly enough the Glow cobra i got booted out the gote, or atleast i get out of it wht i expected from the gote.

If any would like to purchase my 1st run Gote, hmu with offers. Its probably 8/10 dents/marks wise. Not many throws with, maybe less than 20. Ink on inner rim.

Oddly enough the Glow cobra i got booted out the gote, or atleast i get out of it wht i expected from the gote.

If any would like to purchase my 1st run Gote, hmu with offers. Its probably 8/10 dents/marks wise. Not many throws with, maybe less than 20. Ink on inner rim.

-> Marketplace, please