• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Kastaplast Göte

So, besides pronounciation, is anyone throwing these?

I just got two via mailorder didn't have much time to throw them yet. Like the plastic, but the dome feels a bit odd.

Got one in the spring, took it to a field but couldn't figure out what to do with it so it went on the shelf.

Recently put it in the bag next to a Z Comet and played a round in the woods. Göte and Comet are the same disc, with Göte having the nicer plastic. Threw them on the same holes, they hold the same lines and often landed pretty much on top of each other. It's a fun disc worth a try.

Now if only Kastaplast could make a Roc their mid-lineup would be solid

Looking to try out a new go-to midrange...I have a Göte I got as a players pack disc for an NG tourney I played in. Looks like it might be right up my alley.

The new "next gen tour Göte" looks nice :)

k1-gote-nextgen2.jpg

The new "next gen tour Göte" looks nice :)

k1-gote-nextgen2.jpg

That's the one, except it's an orange color with a kind of swirl in the plastic...reminds me of that sweet early Lat64 Gold Line

This mid :thmbup:

Flies straight, angle responsive, soft glidey fade. Love it and will keep throwing it for now.

This mid :thmbup:

Flies straight, angle responsive, soft glidey fade. Love it and will keep throwing it for now.

I agree. I have a couple first runs and bagged one for a while. Don't really have a spot in my bag for it between the Buzzz and Comet but it's probably perfect for an extreme mold minimalist. Plus it's not terribly FH friendly.

I agree. I have a couple first runs and bagged one for a while. Don't really have a spot in my bag for it between the Buzzz and Comet but it's probably perfect for an extreme mold minimalist. Plus it's not terribly FH friendly.

In the one round I threw it around my thoughts were...it has the Comet's glide and forward pushing fade mixed with a Roc's hss.

What makes it not FH friendly? If not then I guess it's not so good for the mold minimalist.

And pretty sensitive to off axis torque.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

My brother got a glow one of these from Charlie Goodpasture. I really wanted it to be a comet killer, the plastic feels amazing and the profile is how I wish the comet felt. I was fully ready to jump on board, but I found it was too stable and had slightly less glide than a comet to me. Probably worth revisiting after it gets seasoned a bit, but fresh out of the box it's closer to a buzzz as far as flight goes. If that's your style and you want the best glowing disc available, I'd recommend it.

@Jugular - to me it's less of a forehand disc because of the way the dome and bead sit in the hand rather than the stability level

It didnt kill my comets because I never seemed to throw it as clean, especially with power as I do comets.

Sorry to be noob on this but... let me try and figure it out. Domey is often more understable, and FH prefers overstable? Or is it a grip thing?
Kinda all of the below...
@Jugular - to me it's less of a forehand disc because of the way the dome and bead sit in the hand rather than the stability level

Domey discs are not as comfortable to grip forehand.

And pretty sensitive to off axis torque.

Latest posts