• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Kastaplast Kaxe

I love everything I've had from Kastaplast. Could easily build a bag around their molds if I was interested in starting over with my stash.

Looking to try a Kaxe Z.. Although both would be nice to try

I may have to get a new Kaxe soon. I got mine on release day and it has beat in slow but nice... It's starting to get pretty straight.

I don't know why but this disc intrigues the heck out of me. I may have to give it a shot, and it's pretty rare that I grab a new mold for no reason

2nd run Grym is basically a Destroyer... slightly squashed, thinner Destroyer, but flies the same.

So I got out with my Kaxe this weekend and I was not disappointed with how it performed.

It is every bit a beefy Teebird/Roc baby. Slow but noticeably faster than even a Buzzz. Such a fantastic tweener mold for a variety of shots.

I really see myself bagging this mold for the rest of my DG days. It is very power receptive and won't turn even when given unintentional OAT or in mild headwinds.

Its just such a useful disc.
I love everything about it.
One of three discs that I always carry no matter what (Berg and a Leopard being the others)
I also love K1 plastic, too... been using the same first run Kaxe exclusively and I don't really notice any serious loss in stability and its held up to abuse better than any other plastic I've used this year.
The (2nd run) Grym I have also seems like a speed 13 version of the Kaxe, but I honestly don't have the arm for it to live up to its potential.

Less stable than the Scale, more stable than the Serp.
Similarly good at fighting wind as the Scale, same consistent slow and droppy approach shots as the Serp.
I like that its slow, and isn't going to fly past the basket.
Holds a hyzer well.
I'll drive with it in <175 ft range (same with Serp/Scale), and can get it to 225, but prefer to use it for definite ranged in shots I want to stop on a dime.
(But, in that range I'll usually look to the Kaxe first)

K3 plastic is really interesting, too.
Its SO tough. Deceptively so.
Grippy, but ages (very slowly)to a slight velvety feel like S/SS Gateway does.
For me, I needed the puddle top I had gotten used to from a vintage Aviar that was my putter for years, and the feel of the old school DX plastic. K3 Berg was close enough, but different from an Aviar in ways that I found I liked.
My wife stole my K2 (gummy feeling plastic) Bergs for herself, lol.

I'd like to see a Kaxe in K3 to see what thats like...

Last edited:
Interesting. I had considered picking up a Berg but I'm not certain I need a disc between the Scale/Serp. Hmmm lol

Interesting. I had considered picking up a Berg but I'm not certain I need a disc between the Scale/Serp. Hmmm lol

No, you definitely don't need one, but I bet you'd find the K3 plastic kind of interesting.

So is the Kaxe a similar speed to the Relay? Would that be a good pairing?

I've been trying to figure out my mids for a while now and I'm thinking that I could run an Envy/Atom and Kaxe/Relay setup since my main driver is the Volt and the envy goes so far.
Maybe a Crave for between the kaxe and volt?

The Kaxe (speed 6) would be paired well with the Relay.
I use that combo on heavily wooded courses since the Relay says lower for me.
I've found the Crave to be a little too similar to the Relay for me so I've stuck to the one I knew better.
The Envy works well for mid use.

I use the Kaxe as a tweener disc that covers the bases of an OS Mid and an OS shorter Fairway.
So for mids and fairways I use:
Theory for my US mid
Kaxe for OS mid and shorter Fairway
Leopard or Relay for US Fairway
2nd run FD or Firebird for OS Fairway

my Kaxe and Kaxe Z arrived today...cant wait to try them out. The k1 plastic is great, and i love that it feels kind of similar to prodigy plastic. These are really some great feeling mids.

Something tells me I will be bagging both.

I had a chance to throw my Kaxe for a full round yesterday and I think I found a new favorite.
Very nice HSS and decent fade.
On a full power throw I was getting mine out to about 360 on a flat angle and it just barely drifted to the right. Like less than a foot to the right before fading.
Great combo with my Envy and pairs well with the Relay.

Bought a kaxe z and another kaxe for seasoning. Gonna be a killer setup.

I'm on a Kastaplast kick lately. The Kaxe & KaxeZ have both been added to my bag recently and I just love how they perform across a wide range of shot power.

The Kaxe has rapidly become my "Go-To" tweener disc that I reach for again and again. The HSS on this mold is stubborn to say the least. OAT is quickly eaten and the disc will always finish with a reliable fade. I always describe this mold to folks that ask me about it, as a Teebird-Roc hybrid. Now that may seem ridiculous but one throw and I assure you... you will agree
wXWdOBR.jpg

The KaxeZ fills a void in my bag that I didn't know I had. I currently throw Rocs for mids & then feature the Ptero as my straight/slightly US mold. I didn't realize how useful it is to have a disc that performs like the KaxeZ until I started working with it on the course. This mold is capable of holding a straight line both powered up or toned down.
z2956ws.jpg

Kaxe vs. KaxeZ: both molds feel nearly identical in the hand. The Kaxe's bead provides that extra HSS & reliable LSS.
hnq8g5w.jpg

Got a Kaxe recently as per your suggestion jcass. Been needing to rest my knee from a minor injury, and it's been raining here anyway, but I'm hoping to get out with it soon (perhaps even tonight) to test it a abit. Very curious!

Latest posts