• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Kc pro Gazelles?

fr0sty711

Par Member
OK i no this is a kc pro gazelle but it looks and feels like champion plastic. Is it really champion plastic?

IMG_4538.jpg

And this says kc pro but looks and feels more like DX does anyone no if it is or what the difference is between these 2 gazelles are.

IMG_4537.jpg

Yep. All KC 11x Gazelles are of the candy variety, like the KC 11x Teebirds. The old Pro plastic is 7x, 8x, 9x, and a few early runs of 10x. Then 10x makes the transition to some different blends of CE and SE plastic.

Innova really needs to stop being d-bags about it and release the Gazelle in champ or star plastic.

Those old gazelles in pro plastic warp so easy. Every one I find is just bent all over. The candy ones are perfect though. So are the banshees and cheetahs.

So I seem to be in the habit of falling for discs no longer in production and love the flight of my 11X. How do these fly when compared to the current DX runs?

Andy-MN said:
So I seem to be in the habit of falling for discs no longer in production and love the flight of my 11X. How do these fly when compared to the current DX runs?
The 11X is shorter and more overstable. The DX is longer, more workable and best when beat in. IMO, if you want something that flies as overstable as a 11X Gazelle you're probably better off choosing a faster disc.

mzuleger said:
Innova really needs to stop being d-bags about it and release the Gazelle in champ or star plastic.
Yes. Star Gazelles would be sweet.

Eric O said:
mzuleger said:
Yes. Star Gazelles would be sweet.

I would buy one immediately upon release. Maybe more than one.

The Gazelle is one of their best discs, and they haven't done this yet, which is puzzling. Yeah, they need to stop being d-bags about it. Let's get a petition together.

A previous post from a different thread

marmoset said:
According to what Dave Dunipace (the big guy at Innova discs) said yesterday, premium Gazelles look promising.

some random PDGA poster which turned out to be Bradley Walker said:
Dave, are you ever going to make the Gazelle in premium plastic?

Dave Dunipace said:
I hope so. The Gazelle was a favorite of mine for years.

The KC Pro Gazelle was the first disc that I aced with. I aced two holes on the same day with the same disc, in a tournament. It was awesome. The problem now is that I didn't know about the "save your ace discs" tradition. It is now lost in some forest or picked up by some one. I never found it. OUCH!!

I have proof. The circled 1's are my aces, I'm Terry. Both were done with the Gazelle, I miss that disc.

MyAces2.jpg

I have a 175 KC Pro 10 Time Gazelle for sale / trade. I'd say it's 9/10 condition, feels tough like champion plastic. Should last forever almost! Anyway, just thought I'd let ya know since I don't see Max weight Gazelles in this plastic very often.

I'd be interested in any CE plastic, KC pro Firebirds/Teebirds, Orion LF's, Groove, and maybe more. Shoot me a pm if interested.