• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Kyle Klein's extension with Discmania

Seemed like he plateaued last year after some strong finishes in 2021. Good to see him get going early this year.

In general it appears that we've got a lot of folks that will be playing well this year, so looking forward to some great events.

Seemed like he plateaued last year after some strong finishes in 2021. Good to see him get going early this year.

He visited us and played Stoney Hill back in late January. The story I got -- though not from him, so I can't confirm -- was that he was spending at least part of the winter in the South, to get ready for the season.

He visited us and played Stoney Hill back in late January. The story I got -- though not from him, so I can't confirm -- was that he was spending at least part of the winter in the South, to get ready for the season.

Did he set (or come close to) a course record? Can't imagine you've hosted too many players of that elite caliber.

Did he set (or come close to) a course record? Can't imagine you've hosted too many players of that elite caliber.

I think they played one of the hybrid layouts, 24 or 27 holes, for which there aren't records, and threw multiple shots a lot. It was practice, after all. But he pretty much shredded our blue-level course, and left me thinking, "we've got to toughen this up."

My brother and nephew played with him; I watched about half of it.

Mathematically, there aren't many players of his caliber to have visited. A half-dozen?
We've had some celebrities, but he's the highest-rated player at the time of his visit.

One thing we can offer for a practicing pro, is the course almost to himself. There were a couple of duffers just finishing up when he arrived, but his was the only group out there when he played.

And, of course, we were really pulling for him on Sunday.

One thing we can offer for a practicing pro, is the course almost to himself. There were a couple of duffers just finishing up when he arrived, but his was the only group out there when he played.
Excellent point.

I only know him from coverage, but seems like a great guy.

My perspective is mostly to be entertained. But you get vibes or feelings from players on camera and he's definitely someone I get positive vibes from.

He gave off a "Hey guys, wanna watch me throw far?" vibe on skins a few years ago. I hope he's grown past that.

I mean, that's exactly the attitude I tune in to skins for ...unless he was being dickish about it.

"Just so everybody knows, I'm ace running everything."

I mean, that's exactly the attitude I tune in to skins for ...unless he was being dickish about it.

"Just so everybody knows, I'm ace running everything."

It was second throws and practice shots. Reminded me of a local kid during dubs who pretty much said " Want to see me throw far?". That was the vibe I got.

Guy's got serious game, and unlike Eagle, no big weaknesses. When they hang up their discs, my bet would be on Klein having gotten more big wins.

Guy's got serious game, and unlike Eagle, no big weaknesses. When they hang up their discs, my bet would be on Klein having gotten more big wins.

All speculative of course. But what weaknesses do you see in Eagles game? Genuinely curious. Klein is solid no doubt. Just a pretty bold statement.