• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Lat64 vs Discraft?

paramaniac

Bogey Member
Im wondering how to compare Lat64 plastics to Discraft? Specifically, how do Lat64 Opto and Lat64 Gold cross over? Are they like ESP and/or Star?

any help is greatly appreciated!!

Cheers

Lol, any particular discs you were looking to compare? ..Or just plastics?

what do you currently throw? maybe we can suggest replacements and/or complements.

I currently throw Buzzzs in a variety of plastics, Elite X comets, Magnet putters and for distance I toss an Avenger and/or a Surge

I'm also awaiting delivery of a 2012 Ace Race disc from Jasonasseln

Last edited:
I currently throw Buzzzs in a variety of plastics, Elite X comets, Magnet putters and for distance I toss an Avenger and/or a Surge

Opto Core and fuses in GL and EZE
Pure although it feels different in the hand
Saint, striker (a beefier one, flat opto) and flow, semi domey, either plastic

* edit
Lat doesnt have an answer for the avenger/olf/PD type disc really, but saint/beefy striker combo could get you close. You might also try Westside's stuff, same plastic as Lat

Last edited:
Would also suggest a flow to replace the surge. I started to move away from Discraft plastic trying out new stuff and the flow slid in pretty well. Saint, Core and Fuse are also good choices as well.

Opto Core and fuses in GL and EZE
Pure although it feels different in the hand
Saint, striker (a beefier one, flat opto) and flow, semi domey, either plastic

* edit
Lat doesnt have an answer for the avenger/olf/PD type disc really, but saint/beefy striker combo could get you close. You might also try Westside's stuff, same plastic as Lat

couldn't have said it better myself.

In my experience, while Gold Line and Ti may look similar, they fly nothing alike. The Ti that I have thrown has been more stable with less glide than the Gold Line that I have thrown. So for that reason, the statement that Gold Line = Ti is faulty, imho

Well I've only thrown a Ti Buzzz and you're right I went on looks/feel alone. But it's hard to equate GL to ESP.

In my experience, while Gold Line and Ti may look similar, they fly nothing alike. The Ti that I have thrown has been more stable with less glide than the Gold Line that I have thrown. So for that reason, the statement that Gold Line = Ti is faulty, imho
That's most likely the mold shape and not the plastic. Buzzes are flat... they don't glide like cores do, no matter the plastic.

My advice is to find somebody in your area that is addicted to Swedish plastic and put them in your hand if you can. I will agree that a Fuse is a Comet and a Flow is a Surge equivalent. The Core is the closest thing you will get to a Buzzz from Latitude but really has more glide and can't take as much torque as a Buzzz.

I'm also awaiting delivery of a 2012 Ace Race disc from Jasonasseln

Well Lat can't replace the Magnet - nobody truly can IMHO:). The core has been compared to the buzzz, but with more glide. The GL Fuse will do some of the things a Comet does, but the Comet is a pretty darn good disc and they aren't identical by any stretch of the imagination. Lat64 has some wonderful drivers, with the River, Saint, Flow, and striker being bandied about most often.