• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latitude 64°

Jeronimo said:
booter said:
yea ive thrown the pro tana. . its nothin like my halos. actually DJ threw mine the other day and he said they were nothing like his. mine are actually stable compared to the ones he said he was flipping.

Agree.

This holds true for my 165g Teal so far. Not super stable, but not flippy at all.

Just ordered a goldline vision any comparisons to the opto visions?

Went out and did some more testing with the Halos. The Opto one is more lss and a bit more hss than the goldline. The goldline wants to flip up turn but the Opto can hold the hyzer or at least only pop to flat. I actually kinda like the goldline more because having a really long roadrunner is good.

Jesse B 707 said:
it seems more low speed stable to me.....and maybe even a tick faster

You guys still have the mold flashing on the bottom of the wing ?

I've filed mine mostly down just to see (cus it'll wear down eventually) if the lss left is reduced. I'm hoping the climb up/right will yield more D if it finishes straighter without that thin edge jutting down.

After all this time I finally tried the Opto Striker. I like it a lot. I may try the Halo, XXX and Vision as well.

Is the gold line is slightly less stable than the Opto line overall or does it depend on the mold?

Are the GL Cores right where Blake put Cores on his chart? If not where should they be or how do they compare to other mids?

Finally had a chance to throw my new 164g Halo in a field today. But it's not an "all things being equal" situation, because I'm also trying a new grip for the new year. Previously, I was using a three-fingered grip, where my pinky was out of the equation. But the left side of the end of my index finger gets thrashed badly if I play too much disc golf, so I decided I'd better experiment with something new. So I squeezed all four fingers on the underside of the flight plate (some kind of "Power Grip," I guess), let loose a couple of test throws with my Surge, and... added 25 feet to my drives. :shock: And this with a cold arm that hasn't thrown a disc in two weeks. I threw one 330' on a slight (4'?) uphill and 390' on a slight downhill.

Then I tried the Halo, and was basically getting the same distance as with the Surge. A little less flip and a little bit harder fade, but wow, such a beautiful flat flight. One lucky Halo shot went 415ish with maybe 6-8' of downhill slope.

But, here's the thing: I love love LOVE the shallow rim on the Halo. I don't have huge hands, and including my pinky in the grip was a little awkward with the Surge. With the Halo, it felt very natural. (Reminds me a lot of a Flick, actually.) Props to Lat64 for the shallow rim and the light weights!

An article about our history and Discgolf in general is posted in a web-magazine.

http://www.superlounge.com/Article.aspx?Id=25

I have put the striker back in my bag...and a halo and an XXX....do you have any info on the new fairway that was hinted at. I love the opto and would like to replace my stalker.

New Gold GL Core and Silver GL Vision showed up here this morning from Marshall Street. These things look sweet.

I purchased my first Latitude 64 disc - an 173 Opto Trident. I completed a head to head test between the Trident and a 175 Champion Whippet-X for a spot in my bag covering controlled distance and headwind shots 150 to 250 feet out. I primarily throw this shot forehand, but also tested some backhand into the 20 mph winds. Trident won the test due to better straight-on headwind performance and consistent accuracy. I found the grip much more comfortable for my forehand shots using the Trident. Plus, the plastic looks more professional. This experience led to me ordering the opto XXX, gl Vision, and gl Striker. Keep up the good work!

Slowhand said:
I purchased my first Latitude 64 disc - an 173 Opto Trident. I completed a head to head test between the Trident and a 175 Champion Whippet-X for a spot in my bag covering controlled distance and headwind shots 150 to 250 feet out. I primarily throw this shot forehand, but also tested some backhand into the 20 mph winds. Trident won the test due to better straight-on headwind performance and consistent accuracy. I found the grip much more comfortable for my forehand shots using the Trident. Plus, the plastic looks more professional. This experience led to me ordering the opto XXX, gl Vision, and gl Striker. Keep up the good work!

I don't think I've ever read a positive review of the trident before. What's next, flying carpets?!?! ;)