• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latitude 64°

We´ve talked about the Pure in Opto or Gold line before... Nothing have changed... we tried to make it a couple of weeks ago and the outcome was... not good...
And that has nothing to do with the flight...

But I´m listening and I will think about it when I design the next Putt&Approach disc.

We´ve just started :)

>>Jeronimo, Like in Formula 1, if you come up with $100000000 you CAN get in :wink: :D

Latitude 64 said:
We´ve talked about the Pure in Opto or Gold line before... Nothing have changed... we tried to make it a couple of weeks ago and the outcome was... not good...
And that has nothing to do with the flight...

But I´m listening and I will think about it when I design the next Putt&Approach disc.

We´ve just started :)
You had better not be jerking our chains on this. Booter and I are almost at the point where we'll put up the money for the new mold just to get something that feels and acts like a Pure in opto plastic.

Could you elaborate on what it is that came out "not good"? The manufacturing engineer in me is very curious.

Latitude 64 said:
>>Jeronimo, Like in Formula 1, if you come up with $100000000 you CAN get in :wink: :D

Good Lord that's a lot of dough. Darn Swedes and their exclusivity!!

Thanks again for speaking out to the masses Latitude crew, we REALLY appreciate the communication.

BLURR said:
ManU said:
I've also got some Pures coming but I feel like I messed up a little there as I was looking for something lower profile than a Warlock and it seems from the L64 descriptions that the Spike is a lower profile than the Pure.

The Pure is definitely lower profiled when compared to a Warlock.

good to know
I did really like the fit of the Spike

[

so what are the differences between the Pure and the Ridge and why the Pure over the Ridge?

I ask because I have a Ridge coming

Zero being like R-Pro...intrigued and yet concerned at the same time

I use the ridge/pure combo right now as well. Ridges fly a more stable than a brand new Grip Pure out of the box w/ less glide. I love my pures for putting cause they float and give me a slight finish into the chains. I putt on a slight hyzer angle, so the ridge is a little too much for that. Ridge is a better driving putter cause of plastic and it is more forgiving being more stable and less glidey. that's my input, hope that helps.

I loved my striker, but I really don't feel like ordering a new one (left it at the course). What innova disc is has a similar flight pattern? The closest I can figure is the eagle I have, but there has to be something closer.

NCSUphenom said:
I loved my striker, but I really don't feel like ordering a new one (left it at the course). What innova disc is has a similar flight pattern? The closest I can figure is the eagle I have, but there has to be something closer.
its called a teebird

NCSUphenom said:
I take it the Teebird and not the TL?
depends on the Striker but they are pretty close to a DX TB.......if you got any other questions either start a thread or PM me, lattitude thread prolly isnt the place for this

ManU said:
so what are the differences between the Pure and the Ridge and why the Pure over the Ridge?

I ask because I have a Ridge coming

Zero being like R-Pro...intrigued and yet concerned at the same time

Well it depends. It sounds like you are thinking about a Zero Line Pure, this distinction is important because the Grip and Zero line Pures (in my mind) have vastly different characteristics. The Zero is a really good putter material that is comfortable to grip in just about any conditions, but I would never drive with it. It would get destroyed so fast (much like R-pro). The Grip Line Pure is a FANTASTIC putter driver as its a little more stable than the Zero Line counter part but its also more durable. However, it's still not all that durable but it sure is grippy as hell. This is why Booter and I whine/bitch/moan for a durable Pure. It's nice and stable, very little fade, and it glides soooo well.

The Ridge is a totally different beast. It's overstable in my mind, but not excessively. You can definitely throw it flat and it will stay flat... for a little while. Eventually its going to fade out like a mofo though. The second key piece of information is that Vibram discs just do NOT glide, they drop like stones out of the air. The Ridge is probably the one that glides the most but its still crap in glide terms. However, Vibram discs at freakin bullet proof. Throw them at a tree, at a rock, barbed wire, whatever... they will just keep on going. This is really nice because it really takes away any fear of throwing them on ANY hole (excluding water). So put the qualities together of a comfortable rubber brick, that flies decent enough, and STAYS like that forEVER and you have a serious contender for king of putter/upshot discs.

That's how I break it down in my head. I still carry them both because I still consider myself to be auditioning the Ridge but the Ridge is winning me over slowly just because I cringe whenever my Grip Pures hit anything solid. Give me an Opto Pure and case closed, Pure wins.

Jeronimo said:
The Zero is a really good putter material that is comfortable to grip in just about any conditions, but I would never drive with it. It would get destroyed so fast (much like R-pro).

Have you tried driving with it extensively? I'm REALLY trying to get a flippy Pure (I only throw Zeros) and having a very difficult time achieving it. The first time I tried to beat it up a bit, months ago, I got it to be a bit less stable than a new one pretty quickly but since then I can't seem to do a damn thing with it despite using it for all putts, almost all approaches, driving (though I don't drive with a putter on many holes, I has pussy arm), and repeatedly smashing it into things hard in an attempt to knock out more stability. It now looks godawful, it's warped a bit, the edges of the disc are completely discolored and nicked up, just from appearance it should be quite understable yet it's not.

JimW said:
Jeronimo said:
The Zero is a really good putter material that is comfortable to grip in just about any conditions, but I would never drive with it. It would get destroyed so fast (much like R-pro).

Have you tried driving with it extensively? I'm REALLY trying to get a flippy Pure (I only throw Zeros) and having a very difficult time achieving it. The first time I tried to beat it up a bit, months ago, I got it to be a bit less stable than a new one pretty quickly but since then I can't seem to do a damn thing with it despite using it for all putts, almost all approaches, driving (though I don't drive with a putter on many holes, I has pussy arm), and repeatedly smashing it into things hard in an attempt to knock out more stability. It now looks godawful, it's warped a bit, the edges of the disc are completely discolored and nicked up, just from appearance it should be quite understable yet it's not.
throw harder ;)

IMG_0255.jpg

That's my oldest Pure that I've had since just about when it was released. It's certainly seen its share of abuse but never any intentional aging and the sucker is pretty understable for me. I could throw it on a similar line to what I would throw a Meteor on. Meaning a flat release from throwing RHBH that would turn over enough to make a significant bank to the right.

Latitude 64 said:
Jeronimo, -I can´t say why or because on a public forum...

The Private Message button is riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight below this text. :mrgreen:

Jesse B 707 said:
ojenson said:
I took out the Fuse yesterday. It holds any line you put on it with no fade. I love it!!
whut? where did you get one?
Ordered from Sweden, duh. It's about time someone from over there has to pay ridiculous shipping to get some discs! =)

Latest posts