• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latitude 64°

gknmnstr said:
forgot to mention, one problem with it. i am noticing overthrows are easy due to the magic carpet glide. should i pick up a fuse for the same performance on shorter holes? i am new to the world of lat 64.

They compliment each other well, so get both.
For me, Fuse to 270ish and River to 330ish.
Stability on both seems more about weight than plastic run.
You will learn to finesse snap/arm speed with practice.
And if there is a hazard to over throwing and there is a tail wind, you will choose a more stable disc that sits.

thanks. only thrown two lat 64 discs. river, love it!!! and a halo someone let me throw. really liked it too. will probably pick up halo and fuse. anyone getting rid of either?

discspeed said:
I just got my Disc Golfer magazine, and I must say that I love the ad for the River with the albino alligator...Best DG ad I've seen to date. Now maybe some day we will get them in at CDGS so I can actually throw one...

The store has plenty of nice Lat 64, or at least when I last visited. Why is it that CDGS doesn't have Rivers yet? Has it just been a really long time since a Lat order has been made?

so I am thinking of giving up on my CE QMSs as I don't seem to throw them very well
I tried to search on the Core but it wasn't very helpful

anyway I am thinking of trying either a Core or a Fuse
I'm looking for straight stable mid range

what should I know about the Core vs the Fuse

which one is less touchy, which one glides nicely (or better), etc etc
thanks!

I don't think there's a disc that glides better than the Fuse... It's pretty much in a class of it's own. It is more understable though, depending on the distance and your form you're going to have to flip it flat to get it to go straight, but it does it very reliably and doesn't fade much at all. Get both and try them out, both are great.

BrotherDave said:
I love the stamp on the Riot. I've only had a tiny little nick be taken out of the bottom of the rim on my Opto Fuse, that's it. Great fookin' plastic.
i am ticked!!! some idiot i let throw my river lofted it terribly and it ate asphault. serious damage! i really like the plastic but its not bullet-proof. almost not quite.

How quickly does grip and zero line plastic break in? I really like the Pure for driving and up shots, but I wondering how fast it will become to flippy. My courses have tons of trees and lots of rocks. Is it worth it? Right now I throw a FLX challenger and it takes a lot of tree and rock hits.

Any news on an Overstable mid fro Lat 64?

ForeverBlue232 said:
discspeed said:
I just got my Disc Golfer magazine, and I must say that I love the ad for the River with the albino alligator...Best DG ad I've seen to date. Now maybe some day we will get them in at CDGS so I can actually throw one...

The store has plenty of nice Lat 64, or at least when I last visited. Why is it that CDGS doesn't have Rivers yet? Has it just been a really long time since a Lat order has been made?

Here's the deal...When ordering from across the pond, dealing with customs, etc, only large orders are economically viable. Unfortunately we had just placed a large order a month or two before the release of the River. We tried to do another order a few weeks ago and the were out of Rivers :cry: . So now we're waiting for more Rivers to be run before we are place our next order (along with GL XXXs :) ).

ManU said:
I'm looking for straight stable mid range
what should I know about the Core vs the Fuse
which one is less touchy, which one glides nicely (or better), etc etc
thanks!

Fuse flight path is more like the QMS in that it holds most any angle all the way, but the blunter nose gets moved less in wind. It has tons-o-glide.

Core is more of a hybrid mid/fairway driver imho. Touch faster, more determination to fade back at the end, but very late and fwd turn ala tbird instead of eagle.

vy5b7p.jpg

core left fuse right

Couldn't have said it better myself RS39. I must say though, I really enjoy throwing a Core. The newer, heavy, very domey ones don't have as much high speed turn either. It's niiiiiiiice.

Jeronimo said:
C The newer, heavy, very domey ones don't have as much high speed turn either. It's niiiiiiiice.

I got some xout domey ones from the first run (were damaged in shipping, some concave, some domey)
I bought 4 of the 177-178 domes. They are $

I still haven't worn the first one out. Flies the same as day 1.

Latest posts