• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latitude 64°

Hoey said:
ha, he's just messin' gk...

we're just passing time till the overstable mid comes out...

Why hasn't it come out yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet?!! :shock:

Hoey said:
we're just passing time till the overstable mid comes out...

I'm looking forward to when it comes out. At first, I didn't think I'd care for such a disc. But now with how I'm throwing midranges, I'm thinking I can find some use for it.

I'm really hoping the new mid isn't meathook overstable. I could really go for a straight/fade midrange in opto plastic. I've got a core right now that I really like (gl, silver w/ green stamp) that has a nice dome. I like the HSS of it, but wish it had more fade. It reminds me of a seasoned roc (in uber plastic). A new-rocish midrange would probably convince me to bag the core as well as try the fuse.

i heard some earlier talk of a more stable river. maybe a faster one too. the glide would have awesome distance at say 9 speed.

I am realy starting to get into the River. I love the fact that I can get great distance with little effort. I have also gotten use to using it in the woods where placement can be more important than distance. Ordered a couple in Gold line to try them out.

Yeah you can already get stable rivers, mines like a pinch less HSS than a champ eagle.

Mine seems super flippy. I'd call it -3 hss. If i flip it to flat though it goes STRAIGHT. I would like a flat one but have to order on line. No stores carry lat 64 in my area so i'm stuck with the gamble online.

gknmnstr said:
so i'm stuck with the gamble online.
Call either Marshall St. or GottaGoGottaThrow, both of them will hand pick discs for you if you need specific qualities. I've never had a bad experience with either one.

I have not experienced one of these "stable Rivers" yet, I am intrigued... and amazed I haven't found one.

Jeronimo said:
I have not experienced one of these "stable Rivers" yet, I am intrigued... and amazed I haven't found one.

I have a max weight blue opto that is very stable. Threw it on a laser today 380 foot. No fade, and I didn't need much hyzer on it. My gl was more flat, and initially more stable, but it doesnt have as much LSS anymore. My pink opto 173 has a healthy dome and will finish to the right when I give it power. It is my low power laser though.

NoLifeLeft said:
gknmnstr said:
Call either Marshall St. or GottaGoGottaThrow, both of them will hand pick discs for you if you need specific qualities. I've never had a bad experience with either one.
Funny story as soon as I made that post I got three discs at dgc. Just gotta see how it goes. I'm opto-mistic though.

I am still just absolutely blown away by what I can pull off with my Pure's. Tomas, Svante! Please, reconsider finding a way to make the Pure in Opto/Gold line plastic. It's my absolute most often thrown disc over any given round and my Grip and Zero Pure's in my bag are looking awful haggard these days. I have sincerely hit more 100'+ foot putts with my Grip Pure than I ever thought possible.

I actually pulled off an upset in a random dubs match (for the win) with a 70' or so putt with my Pure on the 18th hole to win it this past Saturday. It was EPIC.

gknmnstr said:
NoLifeLeft said:
gknmnstr said:
Funny story as soon as I made that post I got three discs at dgc. Just gotta see how it goes. I'm opto-mistic though.
ICWUDT

Jeronimo said:
I am still just absolutely blown away by what I can pull off with my Pure's.
How does the pure handle wind? i haven't found any putters that i like for windy situations.

Jeronimo said:
Jesse B 707 said:
Jeronimo said:
Any chance of a fairway driver that resembles the Riot Tomas? Flight and Grip?
not grip

Nah man, a fairway driver is the perfect candidate for the Riots grip because you don't need to rip it as hard as you would a Riot. Bring on the comfy grip fairway drivers!

I bring this up again because natural grip is huge for me when it comes to what I throw. I don't necessarily want riot flight path though. Since lat 64 seems to be the brand that is the most creative without being different for no other reason than being weird I thought I'd put it out there again that this would be AWESOME!!!

gknmnstr said:
Jeronimo said:
How does the pure handle wind? i haven't found any putters that i like for windy situations.

Meh... It doesn't do any worse than any other straight flying putters out there. It doesn't exactly excel in the wind either.

Jeronimo said:
gknmnstr said:
Jeronimo said:

Meh... It doesn't do any worse than any other straight flying putters out there. It doesn't exactly excel in the wind either.
well put

Last minute name for stable mid
Mjöllnir: It's the name of Thor's Hammer...kinda crappy for the usa market tho.

I am pretty sure LAT could call a disc "Flying Cow turd" and still sell it here tho