• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Dagger

I've been putting with max weight medium Daggers for a few weeks now and I've got to say, I find them incredibly inconsistent. My release is all over the place with them, they don't do great in the wind, and I can't seem to get the right amount of lift out of them. Anything beyond 15-20 feet is really dicey with the Dagger, whereas I could dial in a 30ft putt with a Judge a lot. I'm probably going to end up going back to the Judge, but I haven't given up on the Dagger just yet. Anyone else having similar experiences?

I've been putting with the Dagger since they came out, and I gotta disagree with you. It took a little time for me to get used to the depth of the putter, but after that it became just point and shoot. I've been able to take a lot of speed off my putts and still be able to get to the basket without the disc falling out of the sky. As for it's ability in the wind, all it takes is a little know how and practice. I just put a minimal amount if power on the putt, enough to get it to the basket and no farther, and it just floats in a straight line the whole way. And it falls a lot later in a tailwind compared to other putters I've used.

I bought one (max weight medium) on a whim a few weeks ago. I really liked the way it felt in the store, the shape and the velvety plastic. I've practiced with it a bit in the backyard, and used it exclusively one round instead of my eraser Wizards. There was a bit of a breeze, and had a few really bad putting attempts with it. It is definitely not the best for me in the wind.

I also took it out for a little fieldwork, and really it wasn't anything special there, either. I couldn't get the same distance I can with Wizards, Judges, Anodes, etc., although I felt generally pretty accurate with it.

I haven't given up on it completely...again, I really like the feel of it...but while it isn't horrible, it definitely won't be kicking the Wizards out and probably falls in the pecking order behind Judges, etc. For me, anyways. Putters are definitely personal.

I've decided the best putter for me is one that can be thrown a variety of ways smoothly... The dagger was a one trick pony and when I released it perfect it would float into the chains... a thing of beauty. But if I'm off, even a little, it's disastrous. Also, after league play and several looooooooong roll aways I'm convinced it would make an incredible roller. I'm still searching for a baseline putter (have used Ions) and am now trying the P2 in D-Line... I really wanted to rock the dagger. It does feel really good in the hand.

still looking........

I believe some are out there under 170 but not easily found. Think it's hard for them to mold a lot of their putters in lighter weights. Or just not enough demand. Maybe that will change in the near future. I like putters over 173g but I can see the appeal of having one in the 160s range. Might help me make more tailwind putts.

I am still looking for lighter daggers (s/m/h) any firmness would be nice.

:mad::\:mad::\:|

Got a response.......from Tomas

I am still looking for lighter daggers (s/m/h) any firmness would be nice.

:mad::\:mad::\:|
Yes we might release lighter weight putters next season. We're having a meeting today about this issue

Regards
Tomas

After a year and half of classic hard judges, I'm testing the Dagger this winter. I'll be keeping a well seasoned judge in the bag for turnovers and do my best to resist the temptation to throw what I know. I'm testing the Dagger because it DOES have excellent glide and I HATE missing low. Let me airball before I miss low, DG gods.

They must have been listening this weekend as I blew by several from 20':eek: The feel in hand is better than the judge for me but I see what others are writing about the wind and having to be very precise. It's like throwing a dart, very little effort and a quick hit. I don't count on the fade to hyzer it back into the chains, it holds more left side chains, but I've hit more bands than baskets lately so I'll stick with it for now.

I'm happy to report that the Dagger is working well and "floats" into the chains. I love the velvety feeling zero hard and get similar lines as my old judges without as much effort. I think it'll take a while to beat one into a turnover just like it did with my judges but I'm not sure that's what I want as the lower profile judge gives the confidence that it wont accidentally get caught up on a finger.

There must be too many good putter molds out there as the dagger gets little love but just feels right in my hands where the lower profile judge as Feldy described it occasionally came out with a little wobble. Putting has always been one of the stronger parts of my game and it only took be a little while to figure out that I don't have to compensate for a big fade at the end to hit the chains and less effort to get it there means my comebacks are closer too.

Just picked up a dagger this weekend. Feels good in the hands.. im curious to see how it compares to my Pa3.

Last weekend after a tournament while playing in the "ring of fire" they did a thing at the end where they had everybody give your putter to the person on your left for one ring of fire round. I gave away my trusted SSS Wizzard and received a Dagger. I had been missing (low) with my Wizzard and right out of the gate, I watched the Dagger float through the air and hit the chains. I made two puts but missed the third and lost the round. It did prompt me to pick one up though as I definitely want to experiment with this putter for those outside the circle putts (33-60 feet) where my Wizzard just doesn't seem to have the glide to get there without throwing it so hard that I run the risk of sending it way past the basket. The Dagger felt more like I could just float it up there and trust it to glide. I have used the KC Avair but have never been really able to adjust to the slickness of the plastic. I also like Yeti Pros for this but something with the Dagger just felt like it clicked. I'm not really concerned with it as a thrower it's intended strictly for long putts for me right now. Definitely excited to put it in the bag and see if I can start hitting some longer puts that I usually don't make with a Wizzard.

Last weekend after a tournament while playing in the "ring of fire" they did a thing at the end where they had everybody give your putter to the person on your left for one ring of fire round. I gave away my trusted SSS Wizzard and received a Dagger. I had been missing (low) with my Wizzard and right out of the gate, I watched the Dagger float through the air and hit the chains. I made two puts but missed the third and lost the round. It did prompt me to pick one up though as I definitely want to experiment with this putter for those outside the circle putts (33-60 feet) where my Wizzard just doesn't seem to have the glide to get there without throwing it so hard that I run the risk of sending it way past the basket. The Dagger felt more like I could just float it up there and trust it to glide. I have used the KC Avair but have never been really able to adjust to the slickness of the plastic. I also like Yeti Pros for this but something with the Dagger just felt like it clicked. I'm not really concerned with it as a thrower it's intended strictly for long putts for me right now. Definitely excited to put it in the bag and see if I can start hitting some longer puts that I usually don't make with a Wizzard.

I was juggling the Dagger, Judge, and Wizard for a while- and while the Dagger did have some more glide to it, it really hates the wind. The Wizard works much better in windy conditions. I dropped the dagger all together, still have a Judge for understable throws, but stuck with the Wizard for all my putts.

For the longest time I've been using a Sonic as my main putter, I love how they float through the air with minimal effort and I could use the same putting stroke whether I'm 10ft or 60ft. I had tried just about every putter out there and nothing seemed to float like the sonic, I did use wizards as back ups on windy days but they just drop out of the air the way I putt. Also after a while the Sonics get beat in and will hit solid but since they are traveling slightly right will glance out of the chains.

All that being said the Dagger is the fusion of these two, tons of float but still stable enough to hold the line every time even after it's beat in. After 3 years I've finally found a replacement for my Sonics.

I threw a Dagger right into my dog, killed him on the spot.

that's ruff;)

Lost my main dagger of six months two weeks before the biggest tourney of the year. Happily, my slightly more seasoned thrower is filling the hole without a problem. I just love how the dagger hits the top of the tray and bounces forward and in most of the time where every other putter I've tried would hit mid cage low on a similar release. I still feel the need to bag a hard Harp for big headwinds but for now I'm happy.

Last edited:
After a year and a half, I decided to swap a fresh hard dagger into my main putting slot and use my oldie for longer throw ins. It was a great putting day as the disc just rode the line I put it on. I think winter league indoor putting practice/skipping/wall bashing added more glide and straightened out some of the dagger's LSS I count on to avoid missing right.

Bought a hard and really enjoy how it feels in the hand. I used it a ton Saturday as my putting putter and that blunt rim gives me such a clean release.

Big fan of the dagger been my go to putter for a year and they season well. I hope latitude 64 comes out with it in retro plastic I would be a happy camper.

Just picked one of these up on a whim a couple of weeks ago and been doing some putting practice with it. Didn't think I cared for it at first, but the thing is starting to grow on me.