• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Maul

BirdieMachine

Michael Moore Fan Club President
Latitude 64 says this about the Maul: The Maul is a fairway driver made for turnover shots. It resembles our popular driver, the River, in both speed and glide, but is more understable. This disc is a great choice for beginners, amateurs, and for people who don't throw extremely far since it's easy to control and grip and won't fade as much as high speed drivers do.

So who has thrown this? A River with more turn and less fade?

I saw a good buddy throwing his last weekend. It looked really nice. Suuuper glidey. I would agree with slightly less stable than the River.

When Trilogy calls something understable in their own description...then wow is it going to be flippy.

(I bag many Trilogy discs, just saying their numbers are usually off of Innova)

This might be a fun disc. I love me some Rivers, and anything similar will get an audition for sure. Maybe in a little heavier weights than my normal Rivers.... hmmmm

River is already flippy enough for me- when are we gonna get an actual over stable speed 7 control driver from trilogy? Thief is closest, but still turns a little....

River is already flippy enough for me- when are we gonna get an actual over stable speed 7 control driver from trilogy? Thief is closest, but still turns a little....

Saint Pro is the closest. Really could be considered speed 7 on the Innova scale.

Haven't thrown mine yet, but first impression is that it is noticably domey. Moreso than the River I have on hand.

I attached a couple profile pics comparing a GL River (left) and an Opto Maul (right).

Attachments

• IMG_20150424_163253_553.jpg
    IMG_20150424_163253_553.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_20150424_163304_337.jpg
    IMG_20150424_163304_337.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 114
Gonna have to try one of these out. Sounds like it might just be a perfectly straight flyer for my power.

Me loves some understable plastic with that magic Swedish glide. Currently bagging FDs and Rivers but often can't decide which to throw. Maybe I can ditch the Rivers and and bag FDs and Mauls for my glidey fairways and have less overlap. Hmmmm.....

I was surprised to see that my local course had some this morning, so I picked one up. When I first thru it, I thru it on a hyzer...thinking it would turn and flip over...sort of like a witness or underworld, but the Maul didn't. I than gave it a full throw with flat release and it was one of the straightest throws Ive had in a long time. So far I really like it, can't wait to throw it some more.

Couldn't resist the urge to order one of these. I'll be doing an extensive review, and I'll make sure to compare it to the Seer, since their numbers are virtually the same. I'll see if I can track down a River to throw in the mix, as well.

Latest posts