• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lawd have MERCY ...

i really need to throw these when it's NOT snowing.

anyway, i picked up a mccabe mercy today for kicks and giggles. still like them, still think they're good putters. i may not keep it since i do appreciate a more OS putter to start with, but i gotta say the mercy is one disc i will consider moving forward.

i go through putter experimentation all the time and nothing this summer ever came close to taking out my kc aviars. this one isn't close either, but i just wanted to say . . . it's still a good disc. wish more people threw it.

I just made the return to the Mercy a few weeks ago for my in the circle putter. I always had my approach Mercy in the bag though.

I gave in to the Dagger and stuck with it for several months and just had to realize that a big beaded putter is not for me. I learned to putt with it and liked the extra float it seemed to have, and learned to NOT use it when it was windy! I even got a basket for the house and used them exclusively to play and practice with.

I am currently bagging a ZeroMedium and really like it and have more on the way. Heck it only took Lat FOREVER to mold the Mercy in that plastic.

The only thing is that I just have to aim up a little higher to compensate for the (IMO) lack of float. Other than that, the transition back to the Mercy has been easy. Good to see you again old friend...sorry for giving up on ya!

I just made the return to the Mercy a few weeks ago for my in the circle putter. I always had my approach Mercy in the bag though.

I gave in to the Dagger and stuck with it for several months and just had to realize that a big beaded putter is not for me. I learned to putt with it and liked the extra float it seemed to have, and learned to NOT use it when it was windy! I even got a basket for the house and used them exclusively to play and practice with.

I am currently bagging a ZeroMedium and really like it and have more on the way. Heck it only took Lat FOREVER to mold the Mercy in that plastic.

The only thing is that I just have to aim up a little higher to compensate for the (IMO) lack of float. Other than that, the transition back to the Mercy has been easy. Good to see you again old friend...sorry for giving up on ya!

yeah, i've been sitting in my living room putting into my couch like a madman. the mercy has one of the purest putter flights which is one of the reasons i initially loved it; it's fun to watch. i get excited trying new putters, there really is always something magical about each one for the most part. the mercy is a great "do it all" stability IMO. it's about the shallowest i'm comfortable going with a putter - the shallow-ish feel with the rounded rim just make it a great all-rounder.

as far as the plastic goes, i really like this zero hard blend they made for mccabe. colors are pretty. i'm a firm putter guy and i always thought zero hard was the best blend overall but i could totally see medium being great for this disc, just a little extra grip for the fingertip spring.

why don't they make awesome colors for the mercy and sinus like they do for the zero pures? every once in a while you see some amaaaaazing looking zero pures. the mercy is boring by comparison and the logo is lame.

thoughts? they should make all the zero mercies in this sort of swirly plastic.

I would agree with that ^^^^
More swirly stuff.

That's why I mostly buy the EMacs and unique ones at that.

Personally I love the Mercy. It handles any putting duty.

That said I don't spin putt. More of a spush lob from distance but more direct from 20 and in

I wouldn't recommed using eze-plastic for driving. It gets eaten up too quick. I have a couple eze for putting only. I use soft and soft and hard zero lines for driving.
I would love to see them in nice plastic, an opto Mercy would be awesom...

I would agree with that ^^^^
More swirly stuff.

That's why I mostly buy the EMacs and unique ones at that.

Personally I love the Mercy. It handles any putting duty.

That said I don't spin putt. More of a spush lob from distance but more direct from 20 and in

yeah, the emac ones are exactly what i was thinking. i personally think the mercy is a great all-around putter. it is shallow enough and the inner rim configuration is friendly to those who spin putt but the rim is blunt enough to make it a good palm-ejection style putter too. i am an assertive spusher.

I tried out a few Mercys and they're nice, but I can't really see them kicking out the Warden or Judge. For non-beaded, the Warden seems to feel a little nicer in the hand for me. I'll keep them around for putter practice and see if I get a better feel for them over time.

I'm a nose-up spin putter and I favor an anny/left-to-right approach if I'm out of the circle, and the Mercy has a nice slow track right when putting hard. Plastic is great too. Zero Hard is my jam, but it just gets chewed up on drives. If they ever put out an Opto/Gold Line I'm gonna buy a stack.

I like having one mold for putting and touch shots/drives, so bought an Envy (very similar profile) for driving duties. It fades more than I'd like for touch shots. The Westside Shield has a similar feel.....anyone know how BT Hard holds up?

BT Hard is about the same as zero hard. But it sometimes looks worse than it affects flight

I am pretty sure the EZE line was short lived and is OOP...if you like them Marshall Street has several of them down to 171, time to stock up!

The lightest I have seen a Mercy was a 167 in the new run of ZeroMedium at DD.

I have 3 in the putts only rotation. They will last a long time. I like the zero well enough if I haven't moved on by the time these are gone.

I wouldn't recommed using eze-plastic for driving. It gets eaten up too quick. I have a couple eze for putting only. I use soft and soft and hard zero lines for driving.
I would love to see them in nice plastic, an opto Mercy would be awesom...

I am using an eze because I want one to beat in fast. I also have a good emac one for my stable slower wearing one. The courses I play sadly don't have enough trees to eat discs too fast.

Are there runs of zero much like westside bt? My bt med harp is exactly how I like my putters to feel.

Whoa, didn't realize Zero line was going away. Gotta order some Pures. I might have to try this disc one day though. Hope I like the EZE as much as Zero Line.

Whoa, didn't realize Zero line was going away. Gotta order some Pures. I might have to try this disc one day though. Hope I like the EZE as much as Zero Line.

You got it backwards...:eek:... EZE has been gone for a while, Zero Line current and going strong!

Lat would be stupid to kill the Zero Family of plastic. :mad:

The Mercy was finally just released in the Medium, and that took for ever to happen. :clap:

Last edited:
You got it backwards...:eek:... EZE has been gone for a while, Zero Line current and going strong!

Lat would be stupid to kill the Zero Family of plastic. :mad:

The Mercy was finally just released in the Medium, and that took for ever to happen. :clap:

OK sweet, thanks for clueing me in, must have read that wrong :p

Ya, I love Zero Line plastic on my putter, great grip, comes out clean for me. Couldn't believe they made something better.

why don't they make awesome colors for the mercy and sinus like they do for the zero pures? every once in a while you see some amaaaaazing looking zero pures. the mercy is boring by comparison and the logo is lame.

thoughts? they should make all the zero mercies in this sort of swirly plastic.

My first Mercy was a ugly pale blue with a glossy black stamp.:gross:

I just got a Medium one in what was called "unique", yeah...uniquely ugly! Looked good in the pic and when I got it, meh. The color looked like a nice blue-white-gray swirl. Holding it in your hand it is a yucky battleship blue-gray. I even paid $3 extra for ugly. :thmbdown:

Well at least Lat has been using the stamp I call "rainbow scale foil".

Just got me a new White ZeroMedium with that rainbow stamp. :hfive:

I still want to find a ZeroMedium or ZeroHard white one with a nice, shiny plain blue foil stamp. Anybody ever run across one in a store, buy it and I WILL purchase it from you. 174 grams please if you are looking.:D

Hey Koda, I still bag that green one I got form ya. I use it as my approach disc, it seldom sees chains unless my upshot with it was good and close, then it gets the reward of going into the basket.

My first Mercy was a ugly pale blue with a glossy black stamp.:gross:

I just got a Medium one in what was called "unique", yeah...uniquely ugly! Looked good in the pic and when I got it, meh. The color looked like a nice blue-white-gray swirl. Holding it in your hand it is a yucky battleship blue-gray. I even paid $3 extra for ugly. :thmbdown:

Well at least Lat has been using the stamp I call "rainbow scale foil".

Just got me a new White ZeroMedium with that rainbow stamp. :hfive:

I still want to find a ZeroMedium or ZeroHard white one with a nice, shiny plain blue foil stamp. Anybody ever run across one in a store, buy it and I WILL purchase it from you. 174 grams please if you are looking.:D

Hey Koda, I still bag that green one I got form ya. I use it as my approach disc, it seldom sees chains unless my upshot with it was good and close, then it gets the reward of going into the basket.

Yeah? Glad it's working for you! This mccabe one I have is waaay stiffer. This is what I was expecting when I ordered that green one. Also a bit more hss.

Yeah? Glad it's working for you! This mccabe one I have is waaay stiffer. This is what I was expecting when I ordered that green one. Also a bit more hss.

I don't drive with mine and I don't have the distance capability you do...:eek:
so this thing fly's nice and straight/stable for me with a little fade.

You should pick up a UB Lex to try for a driving and over stable putting putter. ( I know, off topic for the Mercy thread )

Last edited:
Are there runs of zero much like westside bt? My bt med harp is exactly how I like my putters to feel.

I would guess they are 98% the same. My Bt soft Harp feels pretty much the same as the zero soft mercy or the for that matter the classic soft judge...
If you like the bt medium you can try the zero line medium or classic blend without taking a risk.

I sometimes get the impression that color has more influence on plastics softness...

We've got some activity in here. Keep the Mercy love coming!

Did I just really think AND post this thought...:eek:

Last edited:
We've got some activity in here. Keep the Mercy love coming!

Did I just really think AND post this thought...:eek:

Thinking about trying a Mercy for my next putter. Is it a fairly stiff disc? Does it drive well?

Total noob here. I currently use an R-Pro Aviar. A bit too wobbly for me when it is windy and long putts. What's the best scenario usage for the Mercy? And if it's not for wind or long putts (and short drives), any recs?

I really am loving the Lat64 discs I've recently required. All used, maybe that's why they feel so good to throw, already broken in for me. ;)

Bump. Just picked up a couple of Mercies from my local Alpine and they just say "Zero Line" and they are quite soft. I'm assuming they are an older run. Also, one is a Strawberry.