• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Learning to 360 - Good, Bad, or Just Plain Ugly?

so does that mean u would do a cartwheel or a handspring first? lol

I'm imagining a handspring like some of the soccer players use to throw the ball inbounds, I would love to see someone bust that out on the course :p

I think I'm going to teach myself the 360 thumber.

I witnessed someone talk themself into throwing a backwards thumber at Ashe County.They were in the thick of the rhododendrons and had a window above but couldn't generate any power with an overhand. They turned around and threw a thumber backwards. It was a pretty good shot. He said he had never tried it before.

Unless you can sling one 500+ feet, you just end up looking like a goon with a 360.

I tried doing 360 today. It seemed to help me reach my maximum distance more consistently, and maybe a little more on a few drives. The main thing it seemed to do was get me up off my flat feet for the run up. So I guess changing things up helped me diagnose a flaw in my regular form.

It was also kind of fun, and got my juices flowing. I might do it some just to mix things up and have some fun. :)

I never realized how different by style was till bg ams this year,
I basically throw everything from 1 step, maybe 2 at most.
I was the only one not doing 360's, I guess some people dont
realize all that extra varibale bs is not necessary.

I can't even imagine the mechanics of this shot. Is it the exact reverse of a regular thumber or is the arm/wrist rolled so that the form looks like this --> :doh: ?

Imagine bending forward and picking a disc up that is standing on it's edge with your thumb under the flight plate and your fingers on the top. Straighten up and whip the disc over your shoulder.

Latest posts