• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Legacy Discs...some sweet plastic!!

I appreciate everything everyone has been doing to promote the Legacy disc. If you want to place an order for a club or if you get any store to place an order I will make sure to hook you up and get the clug/store the best deal. I will get you some free swag and stuff. I just want these disc in the hands of as many disc golfers as possible. I am getting some Legacy Gear and should be able to post pictures hopefully in the next few days for the individuals that have asked. thanks

I have been throwing the blankie dark green Rampage and it crushes.
Stable in Denver but when pulled correctly out drives everything.
I'll talk to Kyle at Phenix and see if he will stock them.

there's what like 5 Canadians on this site...ok maybe 10 that are active (me, Bee_Ryce, What'shisname, Clarkey, PTBO_Tosser, Pink Elephant, Giv'r, Toronto Jock...and maybe Wink)
we'll struggle to do much up here but I'll do what I can

once mine arrives I'll be able to see what it's capable of

once I sell some stuff and increase my paypal I'll get a max weight one as well to hand out to the big throwers up here

I am guessing the "rico suave" moniker won't be considered for their soft potter plastic.

Rampages finally available at Sylmar

I played at Sylmar yesterday (Aug. 21) and the pro shop had Legacy Rampages available. I bought a blue 175. All they had was blue and red, all 175s. Steve Rico was there and said shortly they would have 165s and they would have the higher-end Star-like plastic. The one I got was the Champion-like plastic. I didn't throw it on the course, because I knew I'd throw it into a tree or a rock and I wanted to experiment with it in a grassy park first, before I put gouges into it.

My main question will be how similarly the Rampage behaves to a Vulcan, which has become my driver of choice in most situations. (I have huge hands and the wide-rimmed Vulcan fits my hand nicely.) By the way, the Rampage I bought at Sylmar today was $14.50.

IOM has a stack of Legacy by the cash register. What's a nice straight flyer from them? Looks like the price is around $16?

straight might be the clutch putter
straight in their drivers might depend on your power level
Rampage is more stable than the Cannon

This seemed like the only remotely comprehensive Legacy thread so I'm bumping it.

Anybody want to give me a brief rundown of the Legacy lineup to date? TIA.

Rampage, warp speed, faster boss, overstable
Cannon, warp speed, nuke ish, faster

Ghost, roc clone (not in a negative way)

Clutch, low profile magnet
Clozer, the above but with a bead

So my cool SS gave me a Rampage (star type plastic) and a Cannon (champ style plastic) both around 174-5g. I field tossed it with a 7-8/10 GL Halo (171g) the other day and I was pretty startled by the results.

I was expecting both to fade a lot from not getting them up to speed (I have short fingers and a tendinitis prone forearm that limits me to speed 9 drivers and ~325' on a good day) but the Rampage wasn't too hard to throw pretty straight while the Cannon was similar but had a bit more fade. My Halo is decidedly more overstable than both. Strange results but I will say that the wind was kicked up a bit and blowing a bit randomly in different directions. The Rampage seemed the most workable, I could flex it out easily and even got it to hold a long anny for a couple of throws. The Cannon seemed a bit nose angle sensitive and like it had a lot more HSS.

How off the wall are these flight characteristics?

There seems to be a huge difference in stability between Icon (Star) and Pinnacle (far better than Champion and therefore a poor comparison to that plastic, but that is the best we have), especially after they are worn a little bit.

In regards to the Cannons, the Icons turn incredibly easily; not necessarily flips, but definitely turns. The Pinnacles will turn a little but most likely only will go right (rhbh) if you have OAT or give it anhyzer. The Canons do not fade much and have a strong tendency to land flat. I like to compare them to longer Z Nukes.

I have to say in general that I am very impressed with Legacy discs. My Pinnacle Canon is my big boy disc, allowing me to throw anywhere from 380-440, depending if I have enough sky to work with. I recently acquired a few Pinnacle Rivals and Patriots. There is a little overlap between those two discs, but no more so than what I have with my TeeBirds and Leopards.

I am not a big fan of the Icon, at least in the drivers because they seem to be a little more susceptible to turn, but my exception is that I absolutely love my Icon Ghost. It flies incredibly close to a Star Rancho Roc, maybe a little straighter and definitely a little longer. I can only imagine that if the difference between Icon and Pinnacle holds true that the Pinnacle Ghost hopefully coming out soon will be closer to a Hornet.

I already have made the Canon and Ghost staples in my bag, and maybe after a little more working them in I would have no problems adding the Rival and Patriot. Right now I would see no problems with making the Ghost-Rival-Patriot-Canon the back bone of my tournament bag. Now, if I can just figure out putters. I am using Ion and Anodes, but I have two Icon Clutches and I am trying to like them.

I've only tried the Pinnacle Rival and Icon Ghost. I agree with Smark's assessment of the Icon Ghost. I have been a Z hornet thrower since the first production run, and I hope the Pinnacle Ghosts are more overstable.... but i don't think they will/can be any longer than a hornet. Hornets are faster mids and the Ghosts have that slower Roc like flight. Nothing bad there, just a different style. I'd also like to try out Gravity and Protege Ghosts as well. One complaint i have for hornets is the lack of plastic choices.

The pinnacle rival im throwing is getting better as it breaks in. I'd like to try it in other plastics as well.

I'm really digging the gravity ghost I have, a lot flatter than the icon ghosts and the plastic is nice and grippy. Not as much fade in the end, but I could see people carrying a variety of ghosts...just like people do with rocs.

The pinnacle rival im throwing is getting better as it breaks in. I'd like to try it in other plastics as well.

Did you get a chance to throw the Patriot yet? I have two of the Pinnacle Sparkles, which are suppose to be the most stable of the runs. If that is the case, then I am really excited for the regular Patriots as well as seasoning in my Rivals.

The Patriots have the slightest bit of turn and a little more glide than the Rivals, but the best way to describe them is by comparing them to what a seasoned Rival will fly like. These Pinnacle Sparkle Patriots have a little more fade than the Pinnacle Rivals despite the turn, so if I can get a Pinnacle Rival to the point where it turns that extra sliver than it does now, then wow, what a wonderful disc. It will pair nicely with a regular Pinnacle Patriot which I suspect will turn even a little more and act closer to a Leopard.

Lastly, what weight are you throwing for the Rivals? I am enjoying my 171 more than my 173.

8 pages and barely any pics...

95A71063-2A4E-4DE8-855D-5FD5429A5EC1-9534-00000E43D8E2322A.jpg

583D7488-A71D-4A0C-AE68-1D7310BCE22C-9534-00000E454E13C1A2.jpg

Latest posts