• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy's 7th release the "Patriot" and Legacy news

How do they compare to a FD?

Ive only had a handful of throws with the Patriot so far, but overall I would say it is a little less hss than the FD, and has a bit less glide, but the Patriot is a tiny but faster. The FD probably has more distance potential due to its insane glide, but I feel like the Patriot is going to be a little bit more consistent.

I've only thrown the S-FD so I don't know how it compares to the C-FD.

Both are great discs and would overlap some but not completely in a bag.

The 7 FDs I've thrown have all been way easier to turn than the new icon patriots. The patriots don't flip, they turn and hold. FDs flip. You can put some balls behind a Patriot. But FDs do have more glide

Patriots are more like a slightly slower TD than a faster FD, which is perfect in my opinion. These are what I wanted the FDs to be.

Just scooped up a nice Patriot from Lion (Thank you very much btw). I went back and forth between the Patriot vs Leopard to pair up with my Teebird in the Fairway slot.

Should the Patriot fill this slot well? Will I find any desire for a Leopard (Not to say I won't love the Patriot, but will it force the Leopard out entirely?)

Received a gorgeous, gold sparkling patriot from Lion. tossed it in the field, and that thing rides on rails. I've had great luck with the ghost and cannon previously, and am glad to get this in the bag!

Just scooped up a nice Patriot from Lion (Thank you very much btw). I went back and forth between the Patriot vs Leopard to pair up with my Teebird in the Fairway slot.

Should the Patriot fill this slot well? Will I find any desire for a Leopard (Not to say I won't love the Patriot, but will it force the Leopard out entirely?)

The Patriot would fill the understable fairway slot well when using a Teebird to cover the stable-overstable shots. I'd say when comparing the Patriot to the Leopard, they are roughly identical flight paths with the Patriot just barely out-gliding the Leopard. Carrying both would be some serious overlap. Time to make tough decisions.

It stamped real clean as well. The other stuff you sent made Phils day :D
Glad to hear it. What color foil ended up on there?

I'm sure it did make Phil's day, those gummy, soft proto Patriots are pure magic. Did he let you touch one or did he hide it away?

Yeah I got to see one of those. Awesome feel on all of them.

I ended up using blue-green. It was sticking really well to the Patriots. The blue-green popped well on some of heavies you requested

Last edited:

Untitled by MrGlass01, on Flickr

Untitled by MrGlass01, on Flickr
couple tasty patriots. Thanks Lion!!

The patriot from the first throw felt like it was a great disc. Repacing the leopards will be a tall feat, but i think it may be happening. Great flight a little wiggle and a nice fade, the definetion of control. thanks legacy this disc is legit!!

So these came out with a nice even, small dome? None of that "double dome" like some of the prodigy protos and dmania discs?

Latest posts