• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lightning Disc

Love the look, not the feel. Their Prostyle was pretty good though.

They still make the Rubber Putter, Hookshot and Slice right?

Those are great discs.

Always thought they were fun to throw.

The local old guy once told me Lightning was able to keep up (somewhat) with Innova during the 80's because they had the drawings to prove they weren't copying the beveled edge, or something to that effect.

I'll admit I kind of tuned out, because he's also the local unsolicited advice guy :|

Yeah it's kind of a shame with Lightning, doesn't seem like they are even in production anymore, the last thing they did was try to switch out the older base plastic for that DOW high test stuff (looked like a swirled cross between pro and the r-pro blend used for the hydra/wahoo) and they put out that MX-1, which from reviews flew like a flippy wraith/archon type disc and in that plastic could float up 169g which would make it much more useful to the average player than a Wahoo or their other float drivers. Wish one of the other companies could buy them out or get a deal like DGA or Millenium has and maybe keep like 8-10 of the best molds and run them in better plastic, as the Upshot 2, hookshot 2, driver 1, flyer 3, helix 2, hyzer 2 (unless you buy Scandinavian or buy expensive factory store runs this is still your cheapest option for a whippet/viper type disc), and the number 2 roller (curious if the poster who said this rolled like a brick used this one, one is more like a understable stingray type for backhand rollers, this is the one that you can get up to 200 grams and was a favorite of older pros for flick and thumb rollers) ran in some better plastics could really help one of these newer companies either fill in or complement an empty flight chart.

I know one of my friends would kill to get his hands on an old school rubber putter. He lost his and the newer ones are basically a different disc.

I still
Bag an older Rubber Putter on occasion. It's actually made of rubber , I think I purchased it in the early 90s. I haven't seen another one like it in decades. I've got a couple of the number drivers and a slice as well.

Was under a pile of disc. Wouldn't kill for another one, possible maim and torture though. Were friends?