• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lincoln ridge Park, Independence KY

Bunsel

Bogey Member
Just wondering if any of the locals can give an update for the course condition? I haven't seen any recent updates and would like to come down and play, if it is playable. I know there will be some wetness and possible mud spots, but is it worthwhile for a 2.5 hr. trip at this point to hit it up?

Thanks!

I haven't played there in a couple weeks, but we've had two straight, sunny days with a lot of wind drying up the muddiness in the region. Lincoln Ridge generally handles water very well on all holes except 10 & 14. If it doesn't rain before you visit, it should be good to go. Parks department does a really nice job there with the course. There was a recent tree fall at the 7th tee which has been cleared. And the guy with the key said he recently moved the few baskets that can shift (on holes 1, 10, 11 & 13), to the shorter (more accessible) positions.

Final statement from someone who lists this as his top favorite course (out of 258 played) Lincoln Ridge is almost always worth the trip!

Basically, watch your step around any of the ravines and the couple holes that play across the hills, and you should have a good time. As Jeff said above, the park really does their best to keep it safe. The tees are mulched a couple times a year. If you play the creekholes 14-18(you can skip from 13 to18 if its muddy on that day, just walk left from 13 basket instead of down the hill to 14tee) and go down into the creek, is where the only real danger lies. Usually, there are leaves covering slippery slopes. If you keep an eye out there are a couple old staircases that can be used along 15, one of them is just passed the basket, or you can go backward from 15 tee to get a small step down into the rocky creek.

I played there Tuesday. There were some muddy spots (hole 8 in particular was pretty nasty), but overall it was pretty good.

I only did the front half as I was running out of daylight. The back half goes down a very large and steep hill to a creek (as mentioned above it is possible to skip these 4 "trouble" holes), so I can't attest for how traverse-able that portion of the course is, but I imagine with the nice weather we've had It wouldn't be a (huge) problem.

Only thing to watch out for is rain in the forecast for Saturday, although I'm not sure what time it's supposed to come.

Latest posts