• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Live Streaming Disc Golf

Whats up guys, I wanted to get peoples input on what they thought about streaming disc golf events, shows and things like that over the internet. I added it to my site today and some people said it may be to early for something like that. As in there wouldn't be many followers. I think its an amazing idea with a lot of potential. To me, it would be amazing to be able to watch news, various shows, and possibly all the tournaments and such. It could really be something that could do great things for the game. Is that something you would watch or want to see and do you think others would want to?

My only question is: Why live?

You'll get a much bigger audience if it's available for anyone to watch any time. Most people would be able to watch on weekends...but I would almost never be available.

I'm free weekdays during the day...most people would be at work.

But if it's always on your site then we can all watch it whenever we want to, and we can watch it over and over again.

\/\/

More disc golf, I'm all for it!

To really be successful I'd suggest high quality HD videos such as the 2009 European Open videos.

Plus, multiple video positions such as behind thrower and one positioned at anticipated landing area viewing back to tee pad. Also a mini map of the hole that stays on the screen at all times. If it can display the throw (one company does this, I can't remember which) the better.