• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Long Distance?

Which has the most distance? Excluding the Boss

• Discraft Predator

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Discraft Avenger

• Innova Destroyer

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Innova Wraith

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Gateway Illusion

• DGA Rogue

• All of Them

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MonsterX12

Out of curiosity what do you think is the furthest of these discs I know the Boss isn't listed

It really depends on the thrower, there is no right answer to that question.

I think the discraft options should be the surge and force, instead of the Avenger and Predator. Its sort of like asking what has more distance: a wraith, destroyer, firebird, or teebird.

Sorry I don't know much about discraft I was just trying to give equal representation and I have heard these two names thrown around alot when talking about their distance drivers. Which is further than for a backhand righthand thrower Discraft's top performer or one of the others listed?

MonsterX12 said:
Sorry I don't know much about discraft I was just trying to give equal representation and I have heard these two names thrown around alot when talking about their distance drivers. Which is further than for a backhand righthand thrower Discraft's top performer or one of the others listed?

Force and Surge = Discrafts longest

Destroyer being the longest of all in Pro plastic mid 160s weight. A disc within the capability of the OP throwing 400'. Although anny releases may be needed for best possible distance.

If I released my 167 pro destroyer with any anny at all on a distance line I'd have an instant roller :lol:

Mike C said:
If I released my 167 pro destroyer with any anny at all on a distance line I'd have an instant roller :lol:

OAT? My longest flat land drive is with a Pro 167 broken in to flip to flat on low lines. Left rear wind the hardest and best timed pinch of my life with a flat spot on my index finger to prove a massive tug on the index finger really feeling the weight of the disc on a high anny start distance line to 446'. Moderate wind. The next best throws are 20' shorter with mild winds. Star 175 Boss, R-Pro 153 Boss and Star 170 Beast distance lines except one low golf s-curve with 153 Boss. I'd like to heal so that I could utilize fall winds to see what my 144 R-Pro Boss does. Never thrown it yet because my arm got busted about just as it arrived.

That was my first suspicion. I traded it to my friend for his 175 pro destroyer and haven't looked back. I can turn it over if I need to but it doesn't turn over when I don't want it to, which the other one was doing over 50% of the time. It's possible it was all me but those 8 grams make it feel like a completely different disc to me.

Mike C said:
That was my first suspicion. I traded it to my friend for his 175 pro destroyer and haven't looked back. I can turn it over if I need to but it doesn't turn over when I don't want it to, which the other one was doing over 50% of the time. It's possible it was all me but those 8 grams make it feel like a completely different disc to me.

Yeah they are very different in HSS and slightly less fading with the lighter version. A new 167 is like a broken in 175. I've had both weights. 167 breaks in to much flippier than a 175 in a similar time.

JR said:
Destroyer being the longest of all in Pro plastic mid 160s weight. A disc within the capability of the OP throwing 400'. Although anny releases may be needed for best possible distance.

I have a Pro Destroyer and a Wraith in dx. I get more distance with the Wraith actually.

But that is just me of course.

Garrett Gurthie threw a 169 Pro Destroyer 660' @ USDGC this year. I've thrown 170ish Pro Destroyers close to 500'...So I'd definitely say Destroyer.

nothaz said:
JR said:

I have a Pro Destroyer and a Wraith in dx. I get more distance with the Wraith actually.

But that is just me of course.

Depends on lines, heights and if you're speed or snap dominant. You're at the D where any one of those alone can make either one longer than the other. Seeing as that's the lowest range of Pro Destroyers working somewhat like slower discs there are few options beside annies.

I have been trying to work in more throws with the Destroyer and the results have not been too great yet. I have not given up on it though.