• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Long sleeves that aren't hot

If you have a Marshalls or TJmaxx like store you will find tons of this stuff for cheap.

Kohls clearance racks also are killer for $7 you can get tech gear and fila brands.

Never buy from a gander mountain or sporting store.. waste of $'

As a backpacker/canoeist, I need something to keep the bugs off my arms and the sun from cooking my skin. I walk into goodwill (or similar store) and pick up a loose fitting dress shirt for $1 . Non cotton, inexpensive, stylish answer.

So these fishing shirts...they're comfortable and roomy enough to not restrict any movement when throwing? And cool enough not to kill you?
Honestly, I hate sunscreen, but I'm pretty sun-sensitive, so there are definitely days I wouldn't mind just going full sleeves when it's really hot.

yup. mine (columbia) don't have any stretch like the first bass pro ones linked. But they're not restrictive at all, for me at least. If you don't wear anything underneath, then yeah, they're pretty cool. they are thin, and dry superfast, which also helps you feel cool.

Attachments

• shirt.jpg
    shirt.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Arcteryx if you got mad cash. I have had one for years and wear it all the time and it still looks brand new. Totally worth the money, good thing cause I could only afford one.

I got one of these from academy last year. I've got other drifit type long sleeve shirts (nike & under armour) but I think the academy Magellan is my favorite. About $11 cheaper than nike and ua too.

Last edited:
So these fishing shirts...they're comfortable and roomy enough to not restrict any movement when throwing? And cool enough not to kill you?
Honestly, I hate sunscreen, but I'm pretty sun-sensitive, so there are definitely days I wouldn't mind just going full sleeves when it's really hot.

"Technical" fishing shirts have lots of shoulder range and are non restricting. The venting and materials do a good job keeping you cooler.

Keep in mind that all LS shirts are not created equal.
I'm not sure a plain "Dri-fit" will offer any sun protection. In general, if clothing doesnt advertise its UPF rating, then it will actually offer very little protection from UV rays.
UPF of 40+ is recommended for legit protection. UPF 50+ would be ideal.

I like the fishing shirts for shoulder motion. FYI, if the shirts isn't UPF rated...it just means it's unrated. Any shirt is probably about a twenty, dark colors are higher. When wet all shirts, including rated ones lose much of their stopping power. Two layers is a virtual barrier to UV due to refraction and incidental coverage-I.e. The property of not having a pathway to the skin between the weave.

My source, the fine print on the UV clothing (buff/Columbia shirt) I have, semi-scholarly sources, and some moderate scientific acumen.

These days I cover what I can when I'm outside and I'm willing to sweat and hydrate-in light loose layers.

Latest posts