• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] LONGEST DRIVER YOU'VE THROWN

Longest Driver you've thrown

• DD2 Frenzy

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • Crank

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Nuke

Votes: 37 9.9%
  • Nuke SS

• Ape

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Boss

Votes: 30 8.1%
  • Katana

Votes: 22 5.9%
  • Tern

Votes: 70 18.8%
  • Dominator

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Katana

Votes: 20 5.4%
  • Vulcan

• Halo

Votes: 6 1.6%
  • Havoc

Votes: 8 2.2%
  • Bolt

Votes: 16 4.3%
  • Rampage

Votes: 7 1.9%
  • Cannon

Votes: 18 4.8%
  • Quasar

• D1

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • D2

• D3

• D4

Votes: 18 4.8%
  • D5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lace

Votes: 24 6.5%
  • UnLace

Votes: 11 3.0%
  • King

Votes: 26 7.0%

• Total voters
I'm just an average guy. Used to throw a Blizzard Destroyer about 350. Now my 159g Lace goes up to 380, and people ask "what disc is that?" It glides forever for me.

I don't understand the Tern votes. The one Champion I have acts massively overstable with a hard fade. I just assumed it was too much disc for me. I thought the numbers were way off. The numbers are supposed to be similar to a Katana but it acts more Boss like for me.

Its supposed to act more like a boss and not a katana. The star terns are suppose to act more like a katana or vulvan

I don't understand the Tern votes. The one Champion I have acts massively overstable with a hard fade.

You can go ahead and send that one my way then...

EDIT: I think some of the distances people are listing are like fish stories, they get bigger every time they tell the story

150 dx destroyer was my farthest documented throw, but no idea if it was the farthest ever because i don't stand in a field practicing my distance

champ tern got my vote because on courses that i usually play i have thrown it further than any other disc i normally throw

One of if not my farthest throws ever was with a friend's 172g champ Tern. It was somewhere between 450 and 500ft, on a slight downhill. The combo of a long turn with insane glide makes them huge bombers. I don't like them for golf D because of the sizeable lateral movement, they fly like a Valk on steroids. Destroyers all day!

Longest fluke drive was with an esp nuke, they can go so far but not a fan of the really wide rims. Lately I have been getting some really far drives with TP and VIP swords in the 172-174 gram range. Easily breaking 450 on lines that are just ridiculously straight until fading smoothly at the very end of flight.

I picked up a Star Tern a week or so ago. Only have a handful of throws on it, but I'm impressed. That's coming from an Innova hater, too.

Hmm, guess I'll have to pick one up, the overwhelming love is sort of crazy for this disc.

Hmm, guess I'll have to pick one up, the overwhelming love is sort of crazy for this disc.

Eh. I had a Champion one that felt decent, but didn't fly consistently for me. Sometimes it would turn over and not come back, sometimes it would s-curve, and sometimes it wouldn't turn at all. I don't have awful OAT or anything, either.

I lost that Tern (partly due to its inconsistency), but I decided to give a Star Tern a try. It's more consistently understable, but still not what I would call reliable. I also don't like the way it feels in my hand.

Lots of people like it, though, so it's probably worth checking out.

It could be the shallower rim, I have felt one up :D and it didnt feel very good to me. But maybe I could get use to it.

elite x nuke for me. 480 feet; blew my mind. only reason it went that far is because a crosswind picked it up reeeeeeeeeeally high and kept it from flipping. that thing was mega-domed too.

Longest was a first flight Hurricane (not listed). Just at 450' real distance. Out of what I throw now, Cannons and Halos are currently battling for the title of "longest driver"

Of the ones listed, either Lace or Tern.

But the real answer form me is the Flow. Easily the best consistent long distance driver for me.

Out of those listed I have thrown an Ape the farthest. (Official 442ft in a collegiate distance competition)

Yet, unofficially, I believe I have thrown both a Nuke OS and a Sword further than the Ape, with the Sword being the longest currently in my bag.