• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Longest Played with No Aces?

i hate this topic! ive been playing 8-9 yrs and no ace. 1 black ace and a cpl field practice aces...but those dont count. back in 2004 i stopped counting the number of times i hit chains or rimmed out (not counting hitting the top or outside of the basket or pole). i left off at 400 times. i have multiple rounds in a row of hitting the same basket and still notta. the worst is the same day i stopped caring. #16 Carrol Marty DGC in Ames, IA i hit it 3 rounds in a row, 2 dead center chains and 1 rim out with my 174g SE Teebird. not one stuck and all the putts were 40+.
one day tho ill hit one and then theyll come rolling in like crazy. i just hope its on league day or a tourney so i get money with it :)

Over 6 years and still no ace. Probably a dozen metal hits/splash outs. I saw a guy today unloading his bag on one of the easier holes on the course, gathering his discs and repeating over and over...not sure if he was trying to learn the hole or get an ace. Still not an easy hole but easy on that course.

A real clsoe miss today. But I got the birdie so all is good. Big hyzer around some trees and through a gap. Would have been a nice one. Oh well, I'll still sleep well tonight.

2.5 years and counting.

I can say, however, that my home course is long enough, and difficult enough that it makes ace's very difficult to achieve. The course guardians change the pin positions every week so its difficult to get a hole truly "dialed in". The lack of aces on my part, i attribute to the course as much as i attribute to my throwing.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1314&mode=hi

I've hit poles, chains, posts, baskets, numbers on top of baskets, basketball rim swirled, etc... but i have yet to put one in.

Dont get discouraged. Keep playing.

Last edited:
My last Ace was sometime during this last century, probably a good 15 years. That is until last week when that puppy crashed into the snow filled chains with a glorious explosion. :hfive: I guess I must have caused quite a scene afterwards ( I was playing solo) cause the folks walking their dog near the course called over to ask if I was Okay. :cool:

Hadn't aced in 4 years until today, unfortunately it was bitter-sweet. I smashed the chains on hole 3 in a warm-up round right before the Weatherford Ice Bowl. I was glad to hear that there wouldn't be an ace pot for the tourney since I had already blown my wad. I hit another ace after the tourney during a CTP contest that was 5 throws at 5 baskets 150' out. I was on fire. Took home 6 discs and the Intermediate trophy.

Finally got 1st ace on New Year's eve 09 after 12 yrs. of playing. I really was starting to think I would never get one,because after hundreds of rounds I figured I would have had one by then. Didn't play much for 4 of those years due to not having a local course.Did have some close calls and got robbed a couple times,though...

Alas, 5.9 years of playing with even over 100 rounds played last year and I have yet to record my first ace. :thmbdown:

When I first started I hit the rim on a DisCatcher a few months in and thought - oh it's just a matter of time now. Hit a lot of metal since so well, I guess it's still just a matter of time. I think the problem is, I would say I spend about over half my time on courses where there are no aces and where you're happy with birdie. Someday.

I think the problem is, I would say I spend about over half my time on courses where there are no aces and where you're happy with birdie.

I'd rather have this problem the a load of sub-200 foot aces. Consequently my only ace came a couple months or so in on a sub-200 foot hole.

The courses I play are 200+ feet holes also. Aces aren't very common.

I've never even had an Ace Race ace. I do have one 2nd shot practice ace.

The 200+ is definitely the very low end of the spectrum to set for aces. Maybe you can legitimately say 300'+ but for the most part holes diminish their ace potential on a course around 330ish+. I did just get my 1st sub 200 ace on a temp hole at sunset park in vegas, but at my home course, which is a wide open ace factory, I have 15 in the last year between 212-307. I highly doubt you can find many course that don't have at least a few players who have no problem putting decent drives past 300', let alone 200'.

3yrs going on 4 without an ace. Several chain hits and rim shots.

It's frustrating when someone has more aces than me and one of those is a blind overhand shot over trees. I also watched a guy ace a 250ft hole on Saturday with his leopard (it was beautiful, but I was very jealous inside).

Ace #7: 5/30/1998 - Hole 5 at Starr-Jaycee Park (Royal Oak, MI)
Ace #8: 3/31/2009 - Hole 22 at Joralemon Park (Coeymans, NY)

2 months shy of 11 years............ :hfive:

The 200+ is definitely the very low end of the spectrum to set for aces. Maybe you can legitimately say 300'+ but for the most part holes diminish their ace potential on a course around 330ish+. I did just get my 1st sub 200 ace on a temp hole at sunset park in vegas, but at my home course, which is a wide open ace factory, I have 15 in the last year between 212-307. I highly doubt you can find many course that don't have at least a few players who have no problem putting decent drives past 300', let alone 200'.

Agreed, but I've seen numerous courses that have several holes in the 130-180 foot ranges, where you're pretty much putting off the tee. People hit metal and aces very regularly on holes like that. 200 feet is a distance that the majority of players agree they are no longer taking a long putt. That's the only reason I used it as a number.

Been playing a year and a half and got my one and only ace about a month after I started. 170', #16, McClain Park, San Antonio.

I've hit lots of metal since then, but no glory.

Woodpecker