• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Looking for a good oversable Mid

Millennium Sirius MF, stable and keeps a nice steady hyzer.

you might also try a 180g KC Pro Roc

I am getting that damned 80's song going in my head "Ohh I am a warrior!"

Cro in Star or champ plastic
Core
Just started with a Warrior. Seems good so far. A little more stable than the Core.

I use a Star Cro for approaches and it has been great. I use the Core for long straight shots.

I think mushin's meteor comet was @ me not the OP. I'll have to check it out. I also want a drone since I'm looking for something more stable than my Wasp in times of wind or to round corners w/distance.

You could go to something like a viper that's a fast mid or slow fairway driver. It's nice and overstable, but not a total meathook in dx.

That's what I do. The DX Viper is very predictable and seems to hold its flight characteristics for a decent amount of time.

If you're using cro's to drive, you might could use a pig for a more stable mid-range. I used to have a cro that I drove with as well, but felt I was a lot more acurate with the Roc -- 2 KC pros and a San Marino (Star San M. is the one that I use for my more stable midrange. Star because I was thinking that it wouldn't beat up on me so quick, like you were mentioning)... but the pig is a pretty stable putter that you can really push out quick a distance. Nice thumbstrack to, but it doesn't hook as much as a gator.

Since you want something that isn't a total meathook, I'd recommend a Wasp. The heavier the better. Any mid similar to the Wasp would fill the slot well though.

Z Wasp is very nice, even if it isn't max weight. I have a 166 which goes quite a bit further than I could get my rocs. Plus it's the same disc every time you go out. DX and even KC rocs seem to be constantly changing. I like to know if I lose a disc that I can go out and buy a new one right off the bat without an extended breaking in period.

As with every other mid-fairway stable disc post half of us didn't specify what the poster's ability was. One guys stable mid is another guy's overstable mid. It would help if we all specified what we were capable of before we posted. Otherwise we are all just offering garbage. Everybody's information and intention's are great, but without a baseline it is useless information. Some DGCR members can throw a Roc/Buzzz 300' and some can throw it 200'. Stating that a certain disc is great fro midrange hyzers is essentially useless without a baseline for those of us throw like girls.

Alright then... I throw Drives around 300-325. I can throw the wasp maybe 250-275. For me I throw it pretty low (for a mid) and it holds a nice tight/straight line, and it tails off pretty decently at the end, but since I throw it low the fade isn't that bad.

As with every other mid-fairway stable disc post half of us didn't specify what the poster's ability was. One guys stable mid is another guy's overstable mid. It would help if we all specified what we were capable of before we posted. Otherwise we are all just offering garbage. Everybody's information and intention's are great, but without a baseline it is useless information. Some DGCR members can throw a Roc/Buzzz 300' and some can throw it 200'. Stating that a certain disc is great fro midrange hyzers is essentially useless without a baseline for those of us throw like girls.

I agree with ya on that man, which is why I suggested the pig. He's driving with cros and rocks and a pig could be used -- if he's got an arm like that -- as a midrange disc. I use my rhynos a lot if the situation calls for it.

I don't know who told you that the Gator was a meathook. Get a light DX Gator and you'll have a good overstable mid. Or just keep a fresh Roc in your bag all the time.

even though the drone can be a meat hook, a lighter one is surprisingly versatile. i have 2 174's in pro d and they are way less overstable than my 178 elite z's.

try a pro d drone in the low 170's. i can get mine to do anything from flying straight with a hard fade to a big hyzer. and i don't even have a big arm. with a decent snap, a lighter one will go straight for a bit at least.

they're great for FH too.

yea to clarify i can drive my Roc's 300+ on a straight line the whole way. but i generally use them from 175-250 range

Z Wasp. I think that will fit you perfectly. A Drone might be a little much at first. I still don't use mine very much.