• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Looking for a new putter

I have heard a lot about the Wizard, but I really like my 12x KC Aviar. How do they compare? I have pretty small hands. Wizard better for smaller hands? I really don't have much trouble with my Aviar but I have never really tried anything else.

I would say the rim is close. The Latitude putters have a shallow rim, I like the feel of my Spike and I have tried Aviars, Wizards, Magics, Voodoos.

My wife approaches with an XD and putts with a voodoo.

Omega Super soft. I've tried Aviar, Magnet, Birdie, PuttR, Gumputt, 10 meter Brick, Turbo Putt and Bulldog and my Omega kicks ass. It's grippy, sticks to the chains does what I want it to do for up to 200'. Just as good in freezing temps as in summer. The only drawback is you might want something else for headwind shots, like the Bulldog.

I've been thinking about putters to try. Only ever had Aviars and a rubber putter and I want something a little straighter.

In fact; the straigter the better 20'to 30'. What do you guys recommend?

I've been thinking about putters to try. Only ever had Aviars and a rubber putter and I want something a little straighter.

In fact; the straigter the better 20'to 30'. What do you guys recommend?

Wizard of course! Voodoo too

or Magic

Basically a gateway putter, I have not tried the Warlock though.

Wizard of course! Voodoo too

or Magic

Basically a gateway putter, I have not tried the Warlock though.

I looked at those but they seem to be a bit more like the Aviars; well. if you beleive the Speed, glide, turn, fade ratings.

If I go by those, the ones that stick out so far are the Omega, the Birdie, or a magnet as being straight, but those ratings are not always very accurate.

I looked at those but they seem to be a bit more like the Aviars; well. if you beleive the Speed, glide, turn, fade ratings.

If I go by those, the ones that stick out so far are the Omega, the Birdie, or a magnet as being straight, but those ratings are not always very accurate.

I personally never liked the Aviar. I really don't go by ratings either, my Roadrunner turns over less than my sidewinder at the same weight... etc etc.

I just love the plastic used by gateway for putters. I will say the Omega is decent from what I've seen, as well as the Banger GT.

I personally never liked the Aviar. I really don't go by ratings either, my Roadrunner turns over less than my sidewinder at the same weight... etc etc.

I just love the plastic used by gateway for putters. I will say the Omega is decent from what I've seen, as well as the Banger GT.

I am definately open to opinions over those numbers lol

Im going to take my time on this one as I just got my drive back and beyond what it was, and will soon start focusing on putting and want to try a couple then pick one to work exclusively with that type that I pick out.

My best disc I have is a Stingray for me and I think the reason for that is for years, I never knew anything else for an anny throw so now, I know exactly what it is going to do and I can tilt it to play off that. I want my putter to be the same.

My Omega AP is dead straight from 20'-220', although I'm not a fan of the Omega Super Soft...just too flimsy and can't really use it as an approach disc like I can with the AP. Also, the plastic on the AP is just awesome. It's like a grippier, more durable Innova Pro plastic.

I am definately open to opinions over those numbers lol

Im going to take my time on this one as I just got my drive back and beyond what it was, and will soon start focusing on putting and want to try a couple then pick one to work exclusively with that type that I pick out.

My best disc I have is a Stingray for me and I think the reason for that is for years, I never knew anything else for an anny throw so now, I know exactly what it is going to do and I can tilt it to play off that. I want my putter to be the same.

On the gateway side:

If you want something that is good for short putts of around 40 feet and in, the Magic does this great. There is no bead on the bottom like on all other gateway putters. It's my layup and short range putter. The Wizard is very stable and with just a little bit of spin will go straight. Also a very good disc for driving. The Magic is understable when driven and will turn over on you, could be used as a roller I guess. The voodoo I just bought, and so far it's very similar to a wizard, just more glide. For windy days the wizard is best because it's so stable due to the bead.

I've driven the Wizard and the Banger GT, the Wizard is more stable than the Banger GT as the BGT will turn over slightly and the Wizard will just keep going straight.

i was using aviars for a while and then tried a pro d challenger. great putter and i never went back to the aviars. i use a 167g for putting and a 172g for approaches. i really like the predictible fade on approach shots and the fact they drop like a trashcan lid minimizing roll-a-ways.

Latest posts