• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost part of my digit what now?

better start with your putters. then work your way up to mids then drivers and so on. sorry you have to learn everything all over again OP

Damn dude. I honestly hope you are okay. You are pretty hardcore to worry about golf more than anything. We definitely take things for granted as humans. I'm sure your golf game will be okay. you'll learn to adapt. I also play drums and guitar but there are people that are handicapped that adapt and are much better than I am.

I actually don't think it should be that big of issue at all. Outside of rollers my pointer finger doesn't really grab the inside rim on a power grip and hell you might get a cleaner release with a little practice :D I think lots of top players use a similar grip where the middle finger is more of a rip point and pointer is a guide.

Good Luck!!!

Bonopane grip; finger on top of the flight plate, under the thumb

and forehands

That's what I was gonna suggest you can get killer spin that way and using lighter/less stable discs. If you FH lots you can stack your pointer on top of your middle finger and make it work.

Bonopane grip; finger on top of the flight plate, under the thumb

and forehands
Genius! Alan Beaver the God Father of disc golf in the Carolinas uses this grip. He is in his late 50's and still 980 rated. This is your fix fo show!

Actually, the finger goes over the thumb. The thumb is on the flight plate. I use it all the time!

Ah. I had a buddy that used a -modified- bonopane grip. He had the thumb and finger switched. He had to use it due to a childhood injury that twisted his pointer finger.

I actually don't think it should be that big of issue at all. Outside of rollers my pointer finger doesn't really grab the inside rim on a power grip and hell you might get a cleaner release with a little practice :D I think lots of top players use a similar grip where the middle finger is more of a rip point and pointer is a guide.

Good Luck!!!
This ^ or stack the index and middle together in some fashion.

Getting proficient with a lefty while you get your right healed may be a bonus in disguise.

It seems strange that the disc throwing hand and hatchet wielding hand were not the same so he must already have some coordination in the 'off' hand.

It seems strange that the disc throwing hand and hatchet wielding hand were not the same so he must already have some coordination in the 'off' hand.

That's exactly my thought. I have knicked a finger on my left hand with a hatchet before... It was not fun.

Good luck with the recovery.

Latest posts