• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost/Stolen bag and wallet...

MikeM

* Condor Member *
Any suggestions what to do? I filed a police report so far.

Today, after disc golfing, I made the stupid mistake of leaving my bag on the back of my truck. When I went back to the spot it fell off, my water bottle and bugspray were there but bag was taken. I'm so depressed. Losing a wallet is such a mess. Now I have to get a new license but how do I pay for it with no credit/bank cards! Ect...

Anyone think of anything else or anyone else I can contact to get it back? All I could think of was file a report.

If you have a Play it Again Sports or similar in your area, I'd give them a description of your bag. I've heard of people getting their bags back this way. Criminals are often stupid.

I hope you have backup discs^^

THe wallet is the bigger concern. Call your bank and credit card provider and have them send you new cards and block the old ones. Get a new ID. All the stuff. Yes lost wallets suck extremely.

Go to your bank, tell them your situation. Generally they'll be able to ask you a few security questions (such as address, social security number, security questions ETC) to help identify you, and then you'd be able to access some funds. If the people at your bank are relatively good at their jobs (and you've been in there enough) maybe they'll recognize you, and be able to save you some headache.

That sucks. Hope it turns up. Yeah I would call your bank and all that fun stuff. With the internet these days it wouldn't be a bad idea to get some credit checking service for a while. Someone once told me that you could call somewhere and get any new credit lines blocked never did it myself but it would maybe help.

Thanks for all of the info everyone. Can't believe there are people out there that would take and not return an entire bag/16 discs and $250 in cash and not find a way to return it. Well, I guess I can believe it but it sucks...

Sorry Mike. Hope everything ends up ok for you, and there are no further issues.

Any suggestions what to do? I filed a police report so far.

Today, after disc golfing, I made the stupid mistake of leaving my bag on the back of my truck. When I went back to the spot it fell off, my water bottle and bugspray were there but bag was taken. I'm so depressed. Losing a wallet is such a mess. Now I have to get a new license but how do I pay for it with no credit/bank cards! Ect...

Anyone think of anything else or anyone else I can contact to get it back? All I could think of was file a report.

Sorry to hear this news, I hope you have successfully recovered your wallet. I know it's too late, but I still want to share with you the helpful information I know. To prevent the same thing from happening again, we can also do that by placing a tracker in wallet. The Bluetooth tracker is the protagonist of the wallet tracker, and you can find it with the help of the ringing function when it is lost. Tile has more advantages than other trackers. It can use nearby tiles to expand the tracking range. It has the biggest advantage in crowded places.

thread_necro_card.jpg

Some people just suck. I hope you get your stuff back pain-free.

Last year at the Beaver State Fling, I was the last one out of one of the parking lots. I glanced over and saw a daypack that someone had obviously set down by their car and then drove off without it. I had to go through the bag to try to find some info on the owner and all I could find was a boarding pass from a flight he took a couple of weeks previous. After checking a local Facebook group, luckily I was able to track him down and he only lived an hour away from me. He came to my house a week later to grab it.

I'm not trying to blow my own horn but I'm just saying that not trying to get it back to the owner was something that never entered my mind. Seriously, don't some people ever think about how they would feel if they lost something of value and someone that happened to stumble upon it just kept it, or threw it in the trash, or worse (credit card theft). Just do the right f***ing thing.

*oops, I just saw the OP date.