• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Low profile stable-understable putter.

U ever try a spider? Technically not aputter but if u held one u would be in love, perfect for your hands with the flight ur looking for.

I have a Champ Spider that I love to throw every so often. I believe it is a muti-purpose disc...I could be wrong. Either way, it feels like a putter and has decent glide for me. You can get it to turn over for you, but if you throw it straight it fades a little at the end.

I personally love the disc and it will always have a place in my bag!

Lol at the girly hands. I'm just pretty short (and still a minor) so yep I have girly hands. For those who have thrown the magic and pure (or other similar putter) If thrown flat with a clean 250 feet of power (with adequate height), how much right would they track and how much fade?

I would expect a magic to track right a hair, and not fade back much at that distance.

The soft Focus will have a familiar feel to you and have some added stabilty, really a nice driving putter. I find that I can just pound them and they do work.

SS Magic. Quite possibly the straightest flying putter at any speed. :clap:

A bunch of options and everyone has the right one for you.....but I'll not offer a different mold. Instead you should work on your grip. Every new player I come across starts having this problem when they are facing longer putts. It's because they are power gripping the putter like they do with other discs and don't get a clean release. Instead their fingers get caught up and you get that turn and burn putt. I would suggest before dropping more money on new putter molds you look at this. It's likely the problem and not your putter.

^Yeah I am actually working on my driving putter grip, I use more of a fan grip now, but it is still not very comfortable due to my small hands.

^Yeah I am actually working on my driving putter grip, I use more of a fan grip now, but it is still not very comfortable due to my small hands.

It's a hard change at first. At least for most. Never feels right but most putters are too deep dished to be power gripped. A ProD zone is a good option though. They aren't too crazy overstable and are shallow. You can fan grip and still get good thumb and forefinger pressure for full speed drives. It just takes practice. I still get a good amount of turn but no more griplocks into the trees.

Maybe also consider a tweener disc. I use an old pre 2003 DX Shark. If you can find a mid that doubles as a putter then that is a great option imo.

Latest posts