• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Maiden

Yes, i'm using it as main putter. Feels pretty much perfect in my hand, especially flat ones. It is the disc that has the most intuitive putting flight to me. Thus, it is the most predictable disc for my putting (which is all that matters really).

I'm also using Maidens as throwing putters, most often my lineup consists of
Maiden (BT hard); Maiden (Fuzion); Harp (BT hard); Harp (VIP-X)

TLDR I love Maidens, they replaced my Pures. Feel better, more comfortable and more predictable for me :)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930T mit Tapatalk

I've been putting the Maiden for a few months with pretty good success. One shot that it works really good is the anhyzer flick as an upshot. I've had a lot of throw-ins yet when I miss it always pans out next to the basket. I discovered this from a trouble position but have since incorporated it frequently even when the shot is wide open. I just flick it up to a point in space and let physics do the work from there. This is a one-finger flick btw.

It does a pretty good hyzer / hyzer-flip flick too - something I don't do much with putters until now.

I have noticed on back-hand upshots the speed of this putter takes some getting used to. I typically like an anny line here too but it can be easy to fluff them due to muscle memory from throwing slower, domier putters. You have to be deliberate and it helps to use a higher line and steeper angle.

I've been putting the Maiden for a few months with pretty good success. One shot that it works really good is the anhyzer flick as an upshot. I've had a lot of throw-ins yet when I miss it always pans out next to the basket. I discovered this from a trouble position but have since incorporated it frequently even when the shot is wide open. I just flick it up to a point in space and let physics do the work from there. This is a one-finger flick btw.

It does a pretty good hyzer / hyzer-flip flick too - something I don't do much with putters until now.

I have noticed on back-hand upshots the speed of this putter takes some getting used to. I typically like an anny line here too but it can be easy to fluff them due to muscle memory from throwing slower, domier putters. You have to be deliberate and it helps to use a higher line and steeper angle.

I just discovered this anhyzer flick upshot yesterday with my maiden! I just use 100% wrist and a gentle flick will get me 60-80'. I almost had several throw ins yesterday doing this.

I just discovered this anhyzer flick upshot yesterday with my maiden! I just use 100% wrist and a gentle flick will get me 60-80'. I almost had several throw ins yesterday doing this.

Yup. Super useful and accurate.

Another recent observation is that the Maiden putts well with the Feldberg style (bead resting in the distal volar plate of the index finger). Seems like most pros rest their index finger on the outside of the rim these days but that just doesn't work for me no matter hard hard I try.

Took me a little time to get used to this disc but it may be, after 13 years of musical putting putters, the first to permanently inhabit my bag.

I have a couple in my bag. Love this disc.

I had a Tournament burst and VIP and would say that the tournament definitely had a bit more grip to it. Flies a bit more stable than the BT plastics for sure but not crazy different. VIP and Tourney seem to be plenty durable but even the Tournament plastic felt a bit slick compared to Star.

I'm pretty new to the sport so that's pretty much all I can say about it. If I had to bag a single disc, it would probably be one of the BT hard versions of this disc.

Anyone throw the VIP Maiden yet?

I picked up a VIP Maiden and brought it out to the course for the first time today

Pink 175g

This is a STRAIGHT flyer.

I was able to get some nice glide with no turn and very light fade. I remarked to Josh that it flew a lot like a baby Sling (which everyone knows that I'm enamored with the Sling right now)

Nice disc for shots that require a disc to finish on its initial line.

In terms of shape, they molded up with a bit of a shoulder but are relatively flat.

How does the shape compare to the Sling? I love the Maiden flight and if there was a longer version I would be very interested.

Bump. Anyone have any experiences they would like to share on the MattyO Tourney-X Maidens?

I threw the VIP ones for a while a ways back, and thought they weren't as torque resistant as they were led on to be. Very straight, but needed a slight hyzer release. Wondering if these hold up any better.

OTB has a few listed as "neutral" flatness, and some as "somewhat puddled." Also curious about that distinction… cheers!

From flat to domey:
pink - white - yellow/orange - blue

It does flip up slightly on clean hard forehand rips, I have waited for X maidens for years and am very happy with the pink ones :)
Thanks Matty O!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk