• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Making your shoulder lever longer

Yeah, forehand is entirely different mechanics than backhand

Umm..yes it is.

Think of it this way- the head stays relatively stationary in a linear forward motion. If the axis was the off non throwing shoulder for instance then you would see the whole body, including the head arc around that pivot and it wouldn't be a stationary head anymore but swing out and away and then back in in the follow through as seen from behind or in front. Thats not what happens
The whole body is moving forward and the off shoulder, in relation to the head is out in front and the throwing shoulder is behind. As the disc goes into the whip motion the upper body is turning and pivoting around the spine and you can watch as the off shoulder starts to come backwards and the throwing shoulder coming forward and the head stationary in the linear forward motion. The upper body pivots around the spine area to throw the disc.

In this GIF of Ricky you can see that relative to the head which stays stationary in forward linear motion, the shoulders are rotating around that axis of the spine where the throwing shoulder is pivoting forward towards the target while the off shoulder is pivoting away from the target. If the axis was the off shoulder the arc would extend outwards from the off shoulder and his head would follow that arc. But thats not what happens.

Umm..yes it is.

Think of it this way- the head stays relatively stationary in a linear forward motion. If the axis was the off non throwing shoulder for instance then you would see the whole body, including the head arc around that pivot and it wouldn't be a stationary head anymore but swing out and away and then back in in the follow through as seen from behind or in front. Thats not what happens
The whole body is moving forward and the off shoulder, in relation to the head is out in front and the throwing shoulder is behind. As the disc goes into the whip motion the upper body is turning and pivoting around the spine and you can watch as the off shoulder starts to come backwards and the throwing shoulder coming forward and the head stationary in the linear forward motion. The upper body pivots around the spine area to throw the disc.

In this GIF of Ricky you can see that relative to the head which stays stationary in forward linear motion, the shoulders are rotating around that axis of the spine where the throwing shoulder is pivoting forward towards the target while the off shoulder is pivoting away from the target. If the axis was the off shoulder the arc would extend outwards from the off shoulder and his head would follow that arc. But thats not what happens.

Watch his head compared to the background.
Now watch his spine compared to the background.
Lastly watch his left shoulder compared to the background. Which part stays in place the whole throw through?

It's a dynamic motion so it's ok if you don't see it. Some people just can't. It's like beeing color blind I guess? Maybe these colors aren't on your spectrum? You just can't see weight, movement, pressure, pivot points etc. like others do. This results in you having big troubles analyzing dynamic movments. It's why you keep getting in arguments trying to tell everyone that the grass is orange and the sky is red. That's ok if you accept it.

m5S5lFZ.png

Watch his head compared to the background.
Now watch his spine compared to the background.
Lastly watch his left shoulder compared to the background. Which part stays in place the whole throw through?

It's a dynamic motion so it's ok if you don't see it. Some people just can't. It's like beeing color blind I guess? Maybe these colors aren't on your spectrum? You just can't see weight, movement, pressure, pivot points etc. like others do. This results in you having big troubles analyzing dynamic movments. It's why you keep getting in arguments trying to tell everyone that the grass is orange and the sky is red. That's ok if you accept it.

He is moving forward. He is not pivoting against some point with the scenery. That would be like saying a helicopter blade is pivoting from from the end of its blade on the side turning away from forward direction and we know a helicopter blade pivots around its center axis.

I could make video to show the simplicity of this science if you want.

He is moving forward. He is not pivoting against some point with the scenery. That would be like saying a helicopter blade is pivoting from from the end of its blade on the side turning away from forward direction and we know a helicopter blade pivots around its center axis.

You are wrong AGAIN, but I'm not gonna argue with you anymore about form. It's hopless. Like talking to a brick wall.
You just keep on infecting thread after thread. Why? It blows my mind how someone can be so ignorant and not be able to tell when he is unwanted and iritates 95% of a community. Do you just like the attention? Is that it? I see no other reason. Beacuse everyone agrees that you are wrong, again and again and you just keep on doing the same **** over and over.

You have made this forum so much worse since you showed up. You bring zero positivity. Nobody wants that here. Can't you see that? So could you PLEASE just stop already? Read posts if you want, but just stop posting ****, ok?
I am so ****ing tired of you by now.

The swing is not like being a helicopter with your arms. Again, you paint yourself into the same corner:

If the spine is the axis of the swing, what is the brace for?

The swing is not like being a helicopter with your arms. Again, you paint yourself into the same corner:

Be careful because he has his own concept of the brace. We use the same words, but have different meanings.

You are wrong AGAIN, but I'm not gonna argue with you anymore about form. It's hopless. Like talking to a brick wall.

You just keep on infecting thread after thread. Why? It blows my mind how someone can be so ignorant and not be able to tell when he is unwanted and iritates 95% of a community. Do you just like the attention? Is that it? I see no other reason. Beacuse everyone agrees that you are wrong, again and again and you just keep on doing the same **** over and over.

You have made this forum so much worse since you showed up. You bring zero positivity. Nobody wants that here. Can't you see that? So could you PLEASE just stop already? Read posts if you want, but just stop posting ****, ok?

I am so ****ing tired of you by now.
Agreed

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Maybe thinking about it like this will help visualize it. Imagine the brace heel and the trailing shoulder are the hinges of a door. The torso including spine are part of the door, not part of the hinge.

How about first making a video for your form thread showing your progress toward breaking out of the 300s?

The axis of rotation to expel the disc is around the spine. That axis pivots around the brace. The brace does a couple things. First- it keeps you from falling over. Second, it helps to convert momentum into disc ejection speed. Similar in ways to swinging a sledgehammer, the front foot braces to keep you from falling over or into your hit and also helps to direct energy and momentum into the hit.

stand on one foot and turn your shoulders and hips so that your "axis" is your spine. To do this your weight has to be over your leg; same idea if you did this in a throw, your weight would be over your leg in order to maintain balance. nobody throws far like that

The axis of rotation to expel the disc is around the spine. That axis pivots around the brace. The brace does a couple things. First- it keeps you from falling over. Second, it helps to convert momentum into disc ejection speed. Similar in ways to swinging a sledgehammer, the front foot braces to keep you from falling over or into your hit and also helps to direct energy and momentum into the hit.

That axis pivots around the brace.

And again, I don't think you understand the words you use. One theory I have is that you are actually coming around to feeling some things, but are for some reason unwilling to ever admit that you have been just wrong. So you invent these weird semantic gambits. I really don't know though, I can't figure out your motivation to be here.

Last edited: