• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Mamba time!!

big pimpin 13 speed
Innova-a-a-a-va

Ya know i huck em chuck em leave em,
cause i don't f'ing need em'
take em out the field looking real,
but i dont f'ing need em'

First time i chuck these were leaning-
so understable whats the meaning?
i can hardly hyzer enough to keep from rolling-
better trust in flight #'s then keep trolling.

Last edited:
I have thrown the mamba as one of my 3 main drivers for over a year now, it was actually the first disc I have owned and the only disc I have aced with ;D. Although I am no expert and am still learning, this is what I have learned about the disc.

Pros:
•Very understable
-Beautiful S shots
•Can hold hyzer flips for long distances
•Great right hook shot for RHBH
•Spike rollers

Cons:
•Too little hyzer can make this disc turn and burn
•not enough rotation on the disc can make it fly more overstable, so
consistency is important

Thought I should revitalise this thread and express my Love of the Mamba. In no wind, tail wind or woods this disc is first in my hand. Glide glide glide. Steep uphill, standstill shots, get out of trouble forehands. Like a longer Comet. Really suits my prefered technique of throwing with a hyzerflip. Nice big reliable anny on a flat or power release. Sure I can crank more stable discs but with more power comes less precision. Mambas are great!

I got a 150 champ mamba that is fun disc to mess around with......in calm weather. It goes in the bag for tournaments as my US utility/ roller disc, but rarely gets used. It's the only disc I can consistently roll well and has been know to roll 500+ feet if the grass is short and ground flat enough

I got one of them 150g starlite Mambas and it's a ridiculous disc. It's way flippy, I could see it rated as -6 in turn. It's useless in a headwind, or a sidewind for that matter, But it bombs huge for me (relatively speaking, I'm only got a noodle) when there's no wind. Great for uphill drives. Even tho it's among my longest discs I rarely use it. It's just not reliable enough for me, I rather throw a Wraith and know somewhat reliably where I'm going to land instead of throwing the Mamba and hope it doesn't turn too hard. I kind of wish I bought a 168-172g champion instead. The 150g starlite is basically a pointless disc unless you have very low armspeed and you want those extra 20-30 feet in an open field

I have been struggling with my throw a lot. Tons of tweaking and trying to get consistency. A guy I play with kept recommending the Mamba to me, and I started throwing one today in Star plastic. It was a game changer for me. The glide path is out of this world, and I was getting really good results, even in 15-20 mph wind from all directions. I am still at a point where, for the most part, discs are discs and I am not really throwing well enough to be able to detect the fine nuances of flight characteristics because I don't have the "snap" down yet, but the Mamba, at least so far from its performance today, was very impressive and started giving me some confidence that I haven't had thus far playing this game.

My $0.02

Thought I should revitalise this thread and express my Love of the Mamba. In no wind, tail wind or woods this disc is first in my hand. Glide glide glide. Steep uphill, standstill shots, get out of trouble forehands. Like a longer Comet. Really suits my prefered technique of throwing with a hyzerflip. Nice big reliable anny on a flat or power release. Sure I can crank more stable discs but with more power comes less precision. Mambas are great!

Agreed! :hfive: While streamlining my bag, I gave my 170g Star Mamba another shot, and it performed beautifully on a hyzer flip (and not TOO much hyzer at that), as well as uphill shots. The glide is tremendous. Not so hot in a headwind, though, which is the biggest drawback, which is why the Krait is also in the bag. But the Mamba is right in my distance driver "sweet spot".

Just got back from playing at altitude for a week and my Starlite Mamba was a real workhorse. To repeat what others have said, the Mamba is awesome for uphill drives, long turnover shots or when you need to hit a straight line through the woods.

a found (no ink) max weight champ mamba is my go-to for rollers and long shots that need to finish right. i love how understable these things are. super fun discs to throw. i would have NEVER purchased one on my own and only started throwing it as a laugh but its cemented a place in my bag.

I found a 175g Champion Mamba once and lost it an hour later, turdtastic flipmachine for sure. Has a mind of its own.

Probably trying to force the disc out there with huge snap. It'll happen on a flippy disc. Its not always the disc. ;)

If you slow down and get a good clean snap without trying to throw it full force you will be surprised at how well it can actually fly. Its a hyzer flip machine.

That was the problem, actually. There is no reason for me to have to throw a "speed 13" driver softer than I would my Champion TeeBird. My Bolt does all the things the Mamba does without being a turd, BTW.

That was the problem, actually. There is no reason for me to have to throw a "speed 13" driver softer than I would my Champion TeeBird. My Bolt does all the things the Mamba does without being a turd, BTW.

I think its 10 or 11. What was the weight? I had a champ mamba at 161 that was a great hyzer flip disc

Numbers on Mamba are 11, 6, -5, 1. It earns that -5 for sure. The one I found was max weight champ with minimal dome, not very broken in either.

Last edited:
Pretty sure if I had thrown that Mamba without hyzer, it would have done a barrel roll.

I've seen the Mamba do a barrel roll. Well, it didn't quite flatten out again, it ended in a steep hyzer after having flipped (almost) all the way round. And that was a total noodle arm throwing it into a light head wind

Numbers on Mamba are 11, 6, -5, 1. It earns that -5 for sure. The one I found was max weight champ with minimal dome, not very broken in either. As you can tell by my sig, hyzer flips are not a big part of my game. I only use them in a field/tailwind scenario.

Mine either. My course doesnt play well with big turnovers. But when I did use it flew pretty well. I dont throw anything over speed 10 though so its possible I wasnt getting it up to speed

I've seen the Mamba do a barrel roll. Well, it didn't quite flatten out again, it ended in a steep hyzer after having flipped (almost) all the way round. And that was a total noodle arm throwing it into a light head wind

I have a Halex Midrange and if I throw it with anhyzer, it will do at least two barrel rolls before plummeting uselessly into the ground, entertainment.

Turd to you.

I guess Im one to learn how the disc will fly and then use it to my advantage though.

I do love some of the early reviews where guys were trying so hard to throw it far and all it did was turn and burn and calls of useless came out. Low and behold, it might not be for throwers who can reach 400ft with a Destroyer.

Latest posts