• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Marking Discs: Big Jerm's ID "stamp"

I got the stazon ink pad and it left a "detectable thickness" on my champion plastic. Is this what Jerm is using or is there something that they use that absorbs into the plastic the way sharpie does?

I understand your concern. I was playing a tournament a while back and one of my card mates noticed I had a glow sticker on the top of one of my discs. He commented that it was illegal—he wouldn't call it but others might.

I wasn't playing in a cash division. I wasn't close to the lead. But I get that it was technically illegal.

I put it away and didn't throw it anymore. Not a big deal, but there is always the potential someone could call it out.

If you can't find ink that will be undetectable and plan on playing sanctioned events, best to avoid that potential.

This is what I mark discs with. I call it Angry Man. Generally the face I make after a putt. That is how it started, on my putters. I put it on the back of my discs. Probably not the best for getting lost discs back, but if I lose one, I don't expect to get it back.

pub

Seen this on your discs. Now I know what it is. :)

Looks grumpy.

Angry Man"s probably closer to his alter-ego.

Ru4's actually pretty chill, with a wonderfully self-deprecating sense of humor. Just a fun guy to play a round with, or hang with after the round and enjoy a couple of cold ones (as he's one to do). Good story teller, too.

Angry Man"s probably closer to his alter-ego.

Ru4's actually pretty chill, with a wonderfully self-deprecating sense of humor. Just a fun guy to play a round with, or hang with after the round and enjoy a couple of cold ones (as he's one to do). Good story teller, too.

I think ru's alter ego is a little more "Get off my lawn" guy. It's not grumpy or angry, it's more cranky and profoundly ungruntled. But maybe that's just me. I think we've all been there on the internet.

Hopefully I'll get to experience his unaltered ego someday. I need to plan a long DG trip for next year or something.

Unless you are a known touring pro, if you want to have a chance at getting your disc back you should probably mark it with an email adress or phone number. Random people who find discs dont know who "big jerm" or "angry face Ru4por" are.

I use a custom stamp with Stazon ink. Doesn't seem to have any thickness. I've had at least five disks returned pretty recently.

My daughter used to do stamp art. She's very good at it. They would use something like linoleum with a rubber backing. Carve the stamp by removing the rubber. At one point I thought she might do something on Etsy with it, but she lost interest after high school.

That said, I know there are companies mentioned that make stamps and maybe that's the best way to do it. Still, probably some artist on Etsy that can do a custom stamp if you are in to that.

Unless you are a known touring pro, if you want to have a chance at getting your disc back you should probably mark it with an email adress or phone number. Random people who find discs dont know who "big jerm" or "angry face Ru4por" are.
^ While I completely agree with this, Ru4 specifically said...
Probably not the best for getting lost discs back, but if I lose one, I don't expect to get it back.
If a shot goes horribly bad, he's not gonna cry over a disc that's never coming back.

That said, it is a unique and eye catching mark. He's been playing a long time, and is fairly well known in the local DG community because of his activity in leagues and tournaments. Wouldn't surprise me if a few of his discs were found by someone who recognized that mark.

Latest posts