• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Massive Grip A Series Price Drop

Do you guys think this may mean grip is working on another series. Seems like they are having a hard time with the black and grays their really pushing them. Wonder if they got to many and well see more colors in their next release.

Here's what I think it means: Bogey's got a new bag! :)
... but still can't throw worth a damn. :(

Do you guys think this may mean grip is working on another series. Seems like they are having a hard time with the black and grays their really pushing them. Wonder if they got to many and well see more colors in their next release.

if they are following the way they did the a series release, this makes a lot of sense

Already emailed glide and reserved one for me. Quick response and great customer service before I even ordered :).

Glide is awesome. Couldn't be more happy to have them as my local shop. :thmbup:

I got a few extra rounds in for $222 I guess... Back up bag maybe??

You and me both, man. I thought I was getting a deal when I grabbed my all-black for $222. Oh well...

I think a lot of buyers (who probably will remain silent) are kicking themselves right now for not waiting for this sale. I will bet everyone who orders one of these grips gets them before a single catalyst is delivered.

I'm kicking myself and I BOUGHT A GRIP. I don't think anyone saw this coming. That said, I think this sale is going to (and apparently already has) swayed a lot of people from buying the unproven Salient bag.

I'm kicking myself and I BOUGHT A GRIP. I don't think anyone saw this coming. That said, I think this sale is going to (and apparently already has) swayed a lot of people from buying the unproven Salient bag.

I'd be kicking myself too if my credit card didn't have price protection. I also thought a Grip at $222 was a good price that wouldn't last long. I'd try to see if your credit card offers price protection as well. All I needed to do was call them, then they emailed me a claim form for me to fill out and email back.

My mom kept asking me what she could get me for christmas, got her to pay half of the cost for my bag.

Hello $88 Grip bag, merry christmas

Grip bags seem really nice and are the clear choice of mostly tourney players in Maine. I however, have had a revo dual pack which I couldnt live with out soley due to the top brain area. If you want your bag a bit sleeker slimmer, trimmer and tricked out, grip or one of the new companies will cover that. If you are like me though, and need quick, ample all purpose storage at the easiest location (the top of the bag) then the revo dual pack will be a better fit.

My wife doesn't carry that many discs, so if she chooses the grip A over the catalyst,
(both are on the way, selling whichever one she doesn't want)
She could use the putter quiver for storage also.
Just keep her putter in the flap, that where I keep my saints/pro

Grip bags seem really nice and are the clear choice of mostly tourney players in Maine. I however, have had a revo dual pack which I couldnt live with out soley due to the top brain area. If you want your bag a bit sleeker slimmer, trimmer and tricked out, grip or one of the new companies will cover that. If you are like me though, and need quick, ample all purpose storage at the easiest location (the top of the bag) then the revo dual pack will be a better fit.

DD actually took that feature and made it 100x better than the Revo.

Back on track now. What a great deal on the Grip, makes me want to add one to my line up but I'm not getting divorced this year.

I am getting divorced but she just moved this month so I have no money due to that. Probly gonna DIY it for a little while and spend on a nicer bag at tax time

I don't think anyone saw this coming. That said, I think this sale is going to (and apparently already has) swayed a lot of people from buying the unproven Salient bag.
It's completely possible that the folks at Grip did this specifically to "steal" a bit of Salient's market share.
Regardless of whether that was actually their intent, there's no doubt some of these buyers were considering it at the introductory price - then this deal comes along. Salient can't be happy about this.

It's completely possible that the folks at Grip did this specifically to "steal" a bit of Salient's market share.
Regardless of whether that was actually their intent, there's no doubt some of these buyers were considering it at the introductory price - then this deal comes along. Salient can't be happy about this.

I can't imagine that Salient is even on Grip's radar. This is just a price drop to sell a bunch of bags while people are in spend mode and before the end of the year.

If they're responding to anything, it's to Rangers being in stock and ready to go at $157.49.

The Grip bag is a much better bag than the DD Ranger. Not even a close comparison.

The quilted padding look on the DD products is just a turn off to me. Makes it look cheap IMO, plus the Ranger is way too squared off. I hear good things about it generally but meh

Anytime I hear the ranger being brought up, it's always about the material separating from the bottom... so yeah go with Grip.

The Ranger DOES look a lot better in person tho, but due to the issues I've heard, the grip appears to be the better buy.

I'm with you there TOURNEY, my one gripe with the A-Series is the screen printing instead of embroidery.

Plus shipping? :p

If I were serious, I would have ate the shipping cost. I thought about getting an A series for a minute when I saw this thread, but I'm happy with my bags. I have an Ergo and a Contender. I use Ergo for courses I carry 15-18 and the Contender for 18-22. Works great for me.

Latest posts