• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] McBeth's next signature disc speculation.

what should mcbeth's next signature disc be?

• Nova

Votes: 88 29.7%
  • Star Teebird

Votes: 19 6.4%
  • Mako3

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Champion Groove

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Champion Gator

Votes: 13 4.4%
  • Firebird3

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • McPro Aviar (regular production)

Votes: 24 8.1%
  • Star Destroyer

Votes: 78 26.4%
  • Beast

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Champ Firebird

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Champ Teebird

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • PD

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • Colt

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Xcaliber

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Champion Metalflake Polecat

Votes: 26 8.8%

• Total voters
Meh... I feel like that 4peat bottom stamp looks crappy. Just seems... thrown together in a hurry. Not a fan.

I'm betting on paul getting a new sig disc, despite what he said on the podcast. there's no way Krait sales are doing work for him.

Actually, you're right, they don't look good. But they're going to sell like hotcakes.

I don't disagree about Paul getting another sig disc. We'll see which one it is soon.

I'm guilty of grabbing a few of the new bottom stamps since they restocked on McPro Roc3s as well and my supply was getting low. The thing is, there were 1100 McPro Aviars in stock with the new stamp and they are all gone now. I don't think you could bring the McPro Aviar to retail because you would lose the flexibility to create new stamps on a whim and really generate the kind of "collectibility" interest that they currently have. The McPro Roc3 though, let me have some of that in the retail market.

Not a great stamp but at least they are supporting their stud.

Eh. Those discs were already made they just flipped em over and stamped the bottoms with a weak looking print.

They came up on a quick $15k lol for old stock discs.

Eh. Those discs were already made they just flipped em over and stamped the bottoms with a weak looking print.

They came up on a quick $15k lol for old stock discs.

I think that is exactly what they did. All remaining of the circle stamp were bottom stamped a magically flew off the shelves. I don't use the Mcpro (but have an odd fascination with them), but would be very annoyed if I wanted one and could not find it easily. I understand from a business standpoint why Innova does this with the Mcpros, but from the customers perspective it sucks.

Imagine how retailers feel who would love the cool discs to sell quick vs junk stock runs. Factory store is their biggest competitor and they HAVE to stock innova to succeed. Its sad.

Imagine how retailers feel who would love the cool discs to sell quick vs junk stock runs. Factory store is their biggest competitor and they HAVE to stock innova to succeed. Its sad.

Really, the retailers are the ones out there "growing the sport" more than the factor store. New players should have access to the best molds and materials just the same as those that are more deep in the DG subculture. A retailer can spend some time giving advice to new players to discourage the Boss being the first new purchase after the Innova starter pack. I do not hate Innova by any means and throw lots of their discs, but this practice bothers me quite a bit for some reason.

Factory store is their biggest competitor and they HAVE to stock innova to succeed. Its sad.

At least it's with just these specialty discs, and not stock discs. Dynamic Discs is WAY, WAY worse. As a retailer, when it comes to our biggest competitor, it's Dynamic Discs. There's no other company that produces/distributes discs, and sells them wholesale to retailers, and then directly competes against them via DD website. And we're talking stock discs, bags, and accessories.

Personally, I love the Factory Store. I think it's a great tool for Innova to try new things, or to put out some exclusive things. I don't think they shun the revenue, but they are IT when it comes to Disc Golf, and I'm sure they would be fine if the Factory Store didn't exist. And, above all, people have a choice. They don't have to buy from there. They can stick to getting there plastic from local shops. Ever feel the current run of DX Classic Aviars?

Not sure why it's not a more popular mold. I would consider it to be a worked in Wraith which is a really great thing.

This. I like the Krait, also... for me it's a very straight drive when thrown flat, then just skydives straight down to the ground. IMHO Paul's endorsement of it will help its sales over time.

His Aviars in regular production makes the most sense to me...but speculation is pointless...we shall find out soon enough.

The Tern I feel is like a worked in Wraith...with the side-to-side dancing and all. The Krait is a slightly different beast and is actually a fantastic disc. I think the Krait is what the Archon was originally intended to be. It's basically a very straight Wraith...It is easy to flip up like a Wraith but doesn't really have a lot of turn (unless you overpower it). It just flips up and tracks straight for a long time and then gently fades back. Very easy to get distance out of it while keeping a straight line.

Latest posts