• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

McCabe Sig Buzzz SS

I bought a Red Sparkle Z Fundraiser Buzzz SS a couple of years ago, and pretty much hated it. Within the last 6 months, I tried it again, and have put it in the bag. I agree that it is not as versatile as some other Buzzzes, but for me, it owns a particular shot. On low lines, less than 320' or so, it is absolutely spectacular at holding an anhyzer line. Like anything else, overpowering it results in turn and burn, but with some control, it truly shines. It can also fly straight for a long ways on lower powered shots, with minimal fade. The newer Am Nats Glo versions are a bit more stable than the Sparkle Zs. As far as questions about beating them in, I think that would take a very long time. I predominantly use the SS on wooded courses, and even with some tree hits, they seem very much like new. Mine are quite flat, with a little less concavity to the wing than a regular Buzzz.
KP

Hoey said:
interesting...

don't hear much Buzzz SS talk. Think it could be a real winner with the buzzz crowd. Haven't thrown one yet, even though i've been eyeing one solidly for a while now. I guess it came down to the fact that it was a fundraiser, I like the thought about getting a cheap replacement if necessary, I bet there's a lot of people who feel the same way too. .02

I had one yellow 175 and it was a fun disc felt like a neutral type mid but traded it away quickly as it was to hard too replace to really consider putting it in the bag

CHEERS - Koffee

Robin Hood said:
He gets a commission of each disc sold with his name on it just like Kenny(used to until they bought him out) and the like do. Which is why I wonder about the Buzzz. It is Discrafts top selling disc you know. I wonder if they didn't want to give away any profits on that disc and told him no.
Could someone elaborate on this for me??

I'd been wondering why the KC signatures were disappearing, I haven't seen a new one since early summer...

Guess Innova got tired and decided to pay Kenny a fixed amount right now and remove the signatures, so that he stops getting the commission.

From what I know they bought him out for 30k sometime last year. TTFWIW.

Hmmm. I suppose he'll still be getting something fromthe KC Pro discs... I can't really see them removing the signatures from them (well, if they rename the plastic they could) nor can I see them discontinuing them.

Is it $30,000 a year? All I know is that he was received $5,000 a month in royalties from his sig discs. Obviously that comes to $60,000 so why would he let them screw him over like that? Sounds like something shady is going on behind the scenes.

$5,000, really? I'd read that it was between 3-4 thousand, and that only during the summer months (prime discing season), not year round. Well, he's been milking that cow for a couple of decades, he's also (although damn slowly...) getting old and isn't such as big a figure in the game anymore, what with all the younger guys around.

JHBlader86 said:
Is it $30,000 a year? All I know is that he was received $5,000 a month in royalties from his sig discs. Obviously that comes to $60,000 so why would he let them screw him over like that? Sounds like something shady is going on behind the scenes.
"all I know.." :lol: lol.. you know none of this

I looked through the archives for some Buzzz SS review posts the other day. I didn't find anything that sounded very promising

there was probably some sort of stipulation in his contract (unless innova is really dumb) that after so many years of not winning a title they have the option to buy him out for X amount. they wouldn't want to pay him til he's 90 or something. after a while he will be much less of a figurehead. its just business.

Dave D @ PDGA said:
Honor Guard @ PDGA said:
...what's going on with the newer innova discs not having champ's signature? i first noticed the roc (the roc!), and now the newest teebirds...
I am not sure right now. Either it was an over sight when we put the numbers on or we made the Star discs the signiture discs. Either way, Kenny is still the TeeBird guy, as well as the KCAviar, KC Roc, one of the Wraiths, and I believe one other. Kenny is definitely worth his endorsement money, and always has been.
Did they really buy him out? Slipped past Dave D if they did...

omg i don't know what's going on but it's shady

oh wait yes i DO know what's going on and it's shady

well i'm not sure what's going on, but i am a disc golfer and they are disc golfers so whatever it is, i know what it is, and it's shady