• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MD2

discspeed

* Ace Member *
A search came up with zilch on this disc, so I'll start a thread. If anyone can find an existing thread, then this can be merged into it.

This weekend Ken Climo barely touched his Rocs in competition...He threw 90% of his midrange air shots with a C-MD2 that he got at USDGC. Perhaps he is finally tired of throwing that clunky disc harder than he should have to for smooth and straight flights and has moved on to a more "Buzzz-like" option now that Innova has that available. This is definitely a pivotal point in our sport, and perhaps marks the beginning of the end of the "Roc Era" in DG.

This also makes me think that INNOVA NEEDS TO GET ON WITH RELEASING A FULL DISCMANIA C-LINE!!!! and I need to test the MD2 some more.

Frank Delicious said:
What Climo throws is a lot less relevant than it was 5 years ago.

You don't believe this, and neither does anyone else.

Yeah I totally do. Five years ago there was like a handful of pros most DGers knew off the top of their heads. Nowadays there are a couple of dozen guys that are all becoming relevant and the same 5 guys aren't winning all the major events any more (see: USDGC the past 3 years)

I was thinking about it and I hear way more people talking about Nikko and Dave and what they are throwing than I hear people talking about what Climo and Schultz are throwing nowadays. I think the latter two have almost phased into the "old guard" group in a lot of people's mind.

I think his influence remains strong. The young guns really look up to him and listen to his opinions on discs...You should have seen His name is still on 3 times as many discs as anyone else, so casuals with no knowledge of the PDGA still know his name.

While his name is still on many discs (which back in the '90s and early '00s Innova slapped on everything), I think it is more important that many other people are getting their names on discs now. That really shows the dispersal of top level talent. Climo hasn't got his name on a new disc since the wraith.

is the md2 legal up to 180g?
does it have a bead ?
what plastics? dx-type?

nothing has been able to kick out my dx rocs since i started seriously playing in 99. tried them all, literally.
psyched to give the md2 a shot.

Tossin' in Memphis said:
Frank Delicious said:
What Climo throws is a little less relevant than it was 5 years ago.

corrected?

no, I think it is less relevant by a decent amount. Lots more people want to know what Feldburg is throwing than Climo. Climo isn't the flagship pro he once was. Young guys that are getting into the tournament scene want to backhand like Feldburg (or Nikko), flick like Avery and putt like Nikko (or Feldburg). Climo is stilling playing at a stupid good level (he's third in the world ranking I think) but people are talking about him and what he throws less. Those are two separate things. A person can still be a great player at the sport but not be as relevant for a variety of reasons (see like every golfer that was top 10 in the world that wasn't named Mickleson or Woods during their rivalry).

discspeed said:
How long before Jussi chimes in on the greatness of the MD2?

I'm shocked he hasn't already! Wonder if I should check if he's still alive.

steven said:
is the md2 legal up to 180g?
does it have a bead ?
what plastics? dx-type?

nothing has been able to kick out my dx rocs since i started seriously playing in 99. tried them all, literally.
psyched to give the md2 a shot.

Up to 180g yea.

Production runs are S-line and P-line. P is R-pro. Seems to be very durable and offers excellent grip (I managed to somehow break mine tho. Jussi thinks it's just 'cos mine is red and his orange).

No bead. I can get you pic of the profile if you want to see how it is.

It does seem that now that I had the broken P-line in hot water for a while it fixed itself and while it still seems to have a bit more turn than before it's very manageable.

//edit
Oh and C-line and S-line have more fade than P-line. I can't go in details about them tho as my form is still not very consistent and don't even own any S's or C's.

OH and I didn't mention that I really really love the P MD2. Once I can afford to order more discs I should get a couple of P's and maybe a couple of C's if there are some still left then.

Lately I've used Star Dart on similar lines as the MD2. The difference is pretty much that MD2 flies about 30 feet further.
Examples: The P-MD2 is perfect for the 282' gentle right turning #8 on our homecourse while the somewhat similar #4 which is 240' I tend to go with Star Dart.

booter said:
the md2 has a bead. It's micro,but still a bead

Now that you say that I noticed it myself too.

PB150144.jpg

It's not something you'd feel when throwing tho.

Latest posts