• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MD2

I received mine yesterday after being on the go for 11.5 hours so i have no throws on it. The material is only slightly softer and on the slick stiff not gummy side at all but with a lower mild dome than the lowest domed ones from previous years. Flat this one is not as in total flat top Z Buzz. I guess the dome is 2 mm tall on visual inspection alone. The material means i'll have grip issues with it in wet and cold weather which is a bummer unless i pinch so hard that it might aggravate the index finger inner section that i overused some years ago. So overdoing in that area seems like an iffy solution.

Have to say again that I just love these discs. I've been heavily utilizing my D-Lines lately for all sorts of lines, trying to beat them in, everything from fading stall shots to dead nuts straight to various understable stuff, an old old orange P-Line for understable utility shots and my pink and yellow C-Line gummies for power shots on various lines (mildly overstable shots, straight and long anhyzers), and they just plain work. Even got a hole in one with the pink gummy. Many people love the Roc, many love the Buzzz, but for me the MD2 is simply the best.

jubuttib said:
Even got a hole in one with the pink gummy.

Ditto. ~ 60+meter downhill hyzer shot, granted, but a HIO is always a nice shot. Also another, the same week, 60+m on flat land, was playing around with sidearming midranges for a laugh, and in it went! :mrgreen:

I also have a beat gummy P-line that has zero fade even when powered way down. Its fun when other players say "that's funny, it did not fade at all" and I say "yeah, that disc doesn't have it".

Love the P line MD2, mines beating in to a slight turnover with no fade finish. Just awesome auto park disc.

A local found my pink gummy CMD2 and returned it to me about a year after losing it. I remember that disc being straight as an arrow. I wonder now if it would work for turnover shots because it looks much more beat-in than when I lost it...looking forward to testing it this weekend. Someone apparently lost it at a course about 45 miles away from where I originally lost it. Lucky for me, they forgot to scratch out my name.

So it's got me thinking about MD2's again. Are the current runs made in Jolly Launcher? Or was that just a small batch?

I have to get this disc as I'm so excited now after all the praise for this disc. I'll sure buy the C-MD2 flat but I'm not sure If I should buy also a P-MD2 or a D-MD2 or both (Or neither?) for understable/stable stuff.

If you can get SG-Line MD1 i recommend it since you said that you don't have a lot of power in the Discmania thread. SG is the straightest MD1. Flat top C MD2 is listed separately at powergrip.fi but i don't know if they have them in stock. It is the most overstable MD2 that really resists turning well. Mine had a little glide but not a lot and a fairly hefty fade once it kicked in late in the throw when thrown hard. I get past 120 m much of the time with fast discs. So the flat C MD2 is good for headwinds and left finishes at your power. Otherwise it is limited as an all rounder. But it is a great compliment to a straighter mid. May i suggest a Star Coyote for that?

I'm not interested about the MD1 at all. MD2s and MD3 are the mids I'm interested about now. Though what I've read, MD3 is just a hair more overstable than the MD2 so it sounds kind of an overlap.

The current production run MD3s definitely overlap with the current flatter/slightly pearly CMD2s. Jussi mentioned that issue would be resolved very soon. If you want a beefy MD3, the glow C-MD3 is it. They're available at Hero (or innovastore if you're across the pond).

mutteriwiritys said:
I'll sure buy the C-MD2 flat but I'm not sure If I should buy also a P-MD2 or a D-MD2 or both (Or neither?) for understable/stable stuff.
D-MD2s are absolutely magnificent discs, you definitely should get some, and not just for understable stuff either. =)

Latest posts