• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MD2

Yup, pretty sure they've all come out with a slight slant to the rim. Not plus. Much like the current runs of DX Rancho Rocs. IMO it's not that bad since mids aren't (usually) smashed like drivers and (usually) require something other than a power grip.

But can anyone speak to these new Leo S-line's? Are they flatter? And are the current run P's coming out with a tall shoulder like most S-lines?

What else would the new flat run of c lines compare to? I throw a ti wasp as an overstable mid, can push it out a bit past 300 and want something with a bit less fade as a workhorse. Lately my z buzzz has been tracking right slightly without and fade, want something with a little more fade

I haven't thrown or seen the new MD2s. Glo Z and deeply concave high shoulder flat top Ti Buzzzes suite that description.

I have a couple of the new c lines. Definitely not as beefy and overstable as i expected them to be.

linkinparkervii said:
I have a couple of the new c lines. Definitely not as beefy and overstable as i expected them to be.
Good, MD2s shouldn't be overstable.

In other news, got one of these:

xp0788.jpg

Initially got it for shits and giggles, but after I first felt it I got really interested in seeing how it'll fly (the field should be usable pretty soon). "Why?" you might ask. Well, it has a feature I recognized from the old orange P-MD2s, a concave wing. I'm expecting this to be more HSS than a 157g R-Pro MD2 would otherwise be, perhaps even a bit overstable. It's also hugely domey, and hugely grippy, so depending on how it all pans out it might be an interesting flyer. =)

Sounds cool, but I would never throw something that says "lady line", maybe the 5% of disc golfers out there who are woman will. I love how the guys at Discmania think the lighter weights are just for women, they must have some DGCR members on staff.

Flipflat said:
Sounds cool, but I would never throw something that says "lady line", maybe the 5% of disc golfers out there who are woman will. I love how the guys at Discmania think the lighter weights are just for women, they must have some DGCR members on staff.
Those were among my first thoughts, along with how incredibly condescending it is that the LadyLine is only available in bright pink... Still, I only care about how discs feel and fly, not what it says on them or who they're meant for, so I'm eager to give this one a go (besides, pink is a great color that pops out in any environment). I compared the PLH and it was higher than my straight as hell D-MD2s, and the notched wing should give even more stability. The bloody thing could even end up being overstable.

Today while selling some discs I got to paw through a stack of LL-MD2s (another abbreviation to learn...) and noticed that the notched wing is not consistent, it's was only found in one of the 4-5 discs at the store, so not a general feature I'm afraid. Still the PLH is quite high, so they should be at least as stable as the D-MD2s, which are absolute tits.

I don't mind the pink at all. A stable lightweight mid with lots of glide sounds wonderful. Would this be star sharkish, I'm wondering? In any case, they should change the stamp to "noob-line" or something.

We finally got the new run of c-md2s in at work...but only 1...

I grabbed it. I have some asia open ones that are the new run, and honestly this one is flatter than my asia opens. Also a bit gummier. It is 172g yellow. My asia opens are orange. This will probably go right into the bag. Feels money.

zj1002 said:
We finally got the new run of c-md2s in at work...but only 1...

I grabbed it. I have some asia open ones that are the new run, and honestly this one is flatter than my asia opens. Also a bit gummier. It is 172g yellow. My asia opens are orange. This will probably go right into the bag. Feels money.
Sounds like the two yellow ones I snatched from Powergrip last year, should be nice.

Yeah I really like my orange ones. But this feels even better. Its getting its cherry popped the second I get off work

Gave the LL-MD2 some throws in very windy/gusty conditions, and it's pretty awesome. Not really a wind beater, but did more than alright into wind, and overall flew quite magnificently. At least as good as a D-MD2 (and D-MD2s are great), but lighter and insanely grippy. I'm thinking I need to get a flat winged one to compare, and if that turns out to be worse I need to start hoarding the concave winged ones. =)

JR, you've been trying to find flat C-MD2s, right?

http://powergrip.fi/tuote/cmd2fl/discmania-c-line-md2-flat

I'm heading over to Oulu this weekend, I'll take a look at those and see if they're like my yummy gummies.

EDIT: Or not, looks like we won't get there before it closes... Darn, wanted to rifle through the 2nd run Shocks...

INTERESTING!!!! Although i'm not so convinced of the superiority any more thanks to the good Tangent and FR Suspect i have... The Tangent is not grippy for off summer though so a gummy C might be better for all year round playing. And the Suspect is more HSS and LSS than flat topped Z Buzzes. Thanks for the heads up.

Didn't actually get around to checking them over at PG, the visit plans changed a couple of times (the store wasn't really supposed to be open), but from what I've heard they're not the same stuff, i.e. not the flat gummies. No idea how they fly though, could be the same, could be very different.