• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MD2

jubuttib said:
JR said:
I didn't see such an option at Discmania now. I've never seen a flat C MD2. I would have bought one based on how jubuttib describes them.
Hmm, darn.

FWIW they're not dead flat, they can have a slight dome (EDIT: The yellow gummy opaque good one in my bag for instance has a noticeable dome compared to my older pink ones). The gummy opaque thing is also one thing that's always been common for the best ones. The clear stiff ones I've thrown slow down fast and fade harder/earlier, and the gummy clear ones I've thrown have been quite understable, could replace my beat D-MD2's, and one was actually less stable than my most beat D-MD2, couldn't get it to fade at all (also liked to drop out of the air nearly instantly, just no glide at all in that thing).

I see the same shape difference thing in my R-Pro + mold Roc with almost totally flat top vs regular DX Rancho. R-Pro Roc rocks. Although i've yet to throw mine in wet and cold conditions so i can't say if the grip is good enough then. In summer weather the added grip counters the + slant. Wind performance wasn't the best in a front quarter wind but all they had was 174 so the added 6 grams of a max weight may cure that issue.

Can someone post a picture of one of these new gummy yellows? Like a side profile shot? I stumbled upon the MD2 a year ago when I was looking for a mid that could handle wind better than my Mako, and I just happened to like pink opaque discs. So I grabbed two of them, not realizing they were going to vanish. One is my go to mid, the other is 10/10 and hidden under my bed :) Here's a pic of my flat, gummy opaque MD2, along with my newer FD. I'd really like to grab another backup or two since I can't see ever wanting to throw another mid!

IMG_20120523_155151.jpg

The gummy yellows I have are basically identical to the gummy pink ones, just yellow and with a very slightly higher dome.

That's a beauty by the way. Luckily I got three of those before the team players snatched up all of them. =)

Anyone know how flat and pearly (and transparent) MD2's fly?

https://www.discgolfvalues.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=787

the flat ish slime green ones were the shit when i was trying them out. kinda wish i kept them. they were like that pink above and as hss as a heavy glo buzzz.

That looks like the same run of champ that the McBeth Rocs (and other recent champ runs...Beast for ex.) which isn't nearly the same as the gummy opaque C's that were fabled...but I bet these are going to be sweet nonetheless.

flat c-md2s sound fun. and that plastic looks sweet.

definitely know where I am digging when Innova lands on the Disc Nation receiving bay

i have some p and d md2's that have a moderate dome to them. anybody have any success with flattening them using the hot water trick? did they stay flat?

I flattened a P-line christmas stamped one and it stayed flattish. Not super flat but pretty close to flat.

The christmas disc was the R-Pro blend though, the newer ones are regular Pro.

I've flattened a new P-Line and while it got flat and stayed there, it also got a really wobbly top (just too damn much plastic to get it nice and smooth), and it lost a huge chunk of it's HSS. Kinda ruined it...

I don't bother flattening the D-Lines 'cause they're schweet with the dome.

well the p's i got arent bad but i wanted to try one. so last night i did it and it didnt do shit to it,not even a little. these are kinda like the semi glossy driver pro. kinda stiff but not brick stiff. o well. im just gonna throw it and see how they fly. i did manage to get my new c to flatten even more so i was happy about that

Frank Delicious said:
The christmas disc was r-pro? Mine feel just like normal pro.
Pretty old? Yup, it was an R-Pro blend, or at least the ones I've seen were.

Latest posts