• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MD2

Today I got to take the new yellow gummies out for a spin, and they fly exactly like my pinks. Very satisfied with my purchase, and good to know these are popping up occasionally.

I got a yellow gummy and it is pretty nice but has more LSS than my older ones do (even the new ones). This is not a bad thing, just an observation.

Discmania.fi has a special ordering option now, 178-180 g (flat), and they mention that all max weights in the warehouse are currently flats, so they're pretty officially not rare anymore.

I keep finding these things at PIAS (in Star plastic). Any reason for someone successfully using Z buzzz's in this slot to buy one?

andrew said:
I keep finding these things at PIAS (in Star plastic). Any reason for someone successfully using Z buzzz's in this slot to buy one?

The S Lines are still good, but not the same as what I am used to with my flat, gummy C MD2. Mine flies on a frozen rope. Best midrange out there, hands down. It can take headwinds, shape any line, and holds up in it's sweet spot for a long time. I would imagine an S-line MD2 would be slightly slower and somewhat more stable than a Z Buzzz, depending on how new of a Z Buzzz you are talking about. Get one and see what you think. The S-lines tend to be super flat, so that's good in terms of grip when comparing to a Z Buzzz.

Frank Delicious said:
I got a yellow gummy and it is pretty nice but has more LSS than my older ones do (even the new ones). This is not a bad thing, just an observation.

Is this just the case that it's new? Mine took a few months to lose some LSS, but now it's in it's prime. I'd be so glad to know that they have some released in the US.

I was talking with a guy today here in Charlotte about why Innova releases domey Firebirds (and you could throw in there domey C MD2's and a billion other discs that are basically crap). I know we have all been through this a lot already on here, but I really do wonder if they are trying to control supply and demand.

andrew said:
The S-Lines tend to be on the domey side, which usually means that they slow down a bit quicker and hence fade earlier. The MD2 overall usually has an extra tick of HSS on the Buzzz, so it would most likely be more overstable than the Buzzz. They're not bad by any means, but not as straight as I'd expect an MD2 to be.

Best current MD2's are D-MD2's and the flatter gummy C-MD2's.
Fightingthetide said:
The S-lines tend to be super flat, so that's good in terms of grip when comparing to a Z Buzzz.
Wrote my answer before I saw this one. Since when have S-MD2's been flat? I've never seen one that isn't domey like the domey C-Lines. If they are indeed flat they could be fantastic, I need to investigate.
Fightingthetide said:
(and you could throw in there domey C MD2's and a billion other discs that are basically crap)
I've played a few one disc rounds with my domey C-MD2's, and while they're not what I'm looking for in an MD2, I can't really say that they're bad discs. For me the MD2 should be as neutral as possible, but some people do like that extra bit of fade.

Domey S-Lines? Huh... All of the S-lines that I have gotten my hands on have been super flat. I have a couple like these. Gummy an opaque C-lines are better though.

My D-lines have been in the bag now for a couple of weeks. Pretty sweet for hyzer-flips or holding long annys. Is there no love for the P-lines? I managed to procure a handful of them on the cheap, but haven't tossed them yet.

Fightingthetide said:
Frank Delicious said:

Is this just the case that it's new? Mine took a few months to lose some LSS, but now it's in it's prime. I'd be so glad to know that they have some released in the US.

I was talking with a guy today here in Charlotte about why Innova releases domey Firebirds (and you could throw in there domey C MD2's and a billion other discs that are basically crap). I know we have all been through this a lot already on here, but I really do wonder if they are trying to control supply and demand.

I kinda like the domey firebirds, great disc for extended hyzers and a much more usable disc out of the box than the super stable 11x ones.

Anyway, the new flat MD2 has more LSS than any of my new older flat ones. It's not bad but it is gonna take a while longer to beat out.

Joz said:
My D-lines have been in the bag now for a couple of weeks. Pretty sweet for hyzer-flips or holding long annys. Is there no love for the P-lines? I managed to procure a handful of them on the cheap, but haven't tossed them yet.
I can't get my D-Lines to turn on a 330' throw, unless they're seasoned. =) But they do indeed hold a mean anhyzer and the seasoned ones are the best understable mids I've ever thrown, only rivaled by the Fuse.

It's not that the P-Lines are bad, the premiums and D-Lines are just so frigging good that there's not much use for the P-lines. If they were flatter like the first runs, then they might see more love. I would probably like even the current ones more if they were made in the old R-Pro blend, not regular Pro...

Does any retailer have D-line MD2 still? I really dig the P version, and would love to get my hands on a D line version...

eg37167 said:
Does any retailer have D-line MD2 still? I really dig the P version, and would love to get my hands on a D line version...
At the very least Powergrip has them. =)

http://www.powergrip.fi/tuote/dmd2fi/lang/en

jubuttib said:
eg37167 said:
At the very least Powergrip has them. =)

http://www.powergrip.fi/tuote/dmd2fi/lang/en
OK, I meant in the US. But, to be fair, I did not specify before...

jubuttib said:
Discmania.fi has a special ordering option now, 178-180 g (flat), and they mention that all max weights in the warehouse are currently flats, so they're pretty officially not rare anymore.

Anyone gotten flat C-MD2's from an online US retailer?
I currently have a domey pink one 177+ and really dig the HSS and the fade on it. Just wished it would fade later in the flight, which if I've read correctly is what the flat ones will do.

I didn't see such an option at Discmania now. I've never seen a flat C MD2. I would have bought one based on how jubuttib describes them.

JR said:
I didn't see such an option at Discmania now. I've never seen a flat C MD2. I would have bought one based on how jubuttib describes them.
Hmm, darn.

FWIW they're not dead flat, they can have a slight dome (EDIT: The yellow gummy opaque good one in my bag for instance has a noticeable dome compared to my older pink ones). The gummy opaque thing is also one thing that's always been common for the best ones. The clear stiff ones I've thrown slow down fast and fade harder/earlier, and the gummy clear ones I've thrown have been quite understable, could replace my beat D-MD2's, and one was actually less stable than my most beat D-MD2, couldn't get it to fade at all (also liked to drop out of the air nearly instantly, just no glide at all in that thing).

Latest posts